Hissing sound

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hissing is a minor issue on some phones with recording video only. I honestly have never shot a video on my phone after having an iPhone since iPhone 3, so for me, not an issue. If you record a lot of video and it's important, than it's a crapshoot.

Daniel Forsberg

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a hissing sound coming from the back of my iPhone 7 but it doesn't bother me. I can only hear it when i put the back of the phone against my ear.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
There is no hissing sounds on my iPhone 7. Btw keep in mind that there are people that could find just ANY defect in their Apple product. Some of them are verging OCD. really

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Well now that's not even remotely close to true. I had it on my iPhone 7 Plus. Which was directly in line with videos and comments I've seen online on this site and Macrumors.
Lol, MacRumors, the last forum on the web where collect unbiased opinions about Apple products. That place is a nest of haters and OCD affected people (people literally returning dozens of fully functional devices)....

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol, MacRumors, the last forum on the web where collect unbiased opinions about Apple products. That place is a nest of haters and OCD affected people (people literally returning dozens of fully functional devices)....

Regardless, I had it during videos. Made them unwatchable. I'm sure it would have had issues during Facetime, too. I just never made it to that point. My issues were exactly like TONS of people on there. For someone to say it isn't a problem is disingenuous at best. And lying at worst.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My 7 plus makes the noise, but you have to put your ear to the back of the phone to hear it. Unless Apple eventually issues a statement saying it's a defect that needs attention, I'm not going to worry about it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My 7 plus makes the noise, but you have to put your ear to the back of the phone to hear it. Unless Apple eventually issues a statement saying it's a defect that needs attention, I'm not going to worry about it.

I don't hear a darn thing, and I've always had excellent hearing. In fact, I've been told that I have canine hearing..(laughing)...Hopefully, the problem you all are describing are only affecting a small percentage of the overall device count. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a 7. Then swapped for a 7 plus. It was too big so I got another 7. I have yet to hear a hissing sound. But then again, I don't shove the back of my phone to my ear trying to search for my phone hissing either. So I have yet to notice this hissing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
SO decided to stick with Samsung, I will wait for S8 edge, they will probably make it REALLY good because they failed with note 7 so...

Make it really good as in maybe no more phones exploding? Maybe that will be a selling feature next year. Promising you can take your phones on airlines again.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I never noticed any hissing sound just from the phone. It was what was recorded during videos that was the problem. I'm waiting to see if this gets fixed later before I jump back to the 7 Plus.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
No hissing sound here. iPhone 7 Plus 256. Recorded a lot of v?deos. Verizon version. But my friend's iPhone make loud and noisy. Just awful, in his case you don't have to put on your ear to hear it.

Happy mine is ok. Really is.

Cheers,

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Regardless, I had it during videos. Made them unwatchable. I'm sure it would have had issues during Facetime, too. I just never made it to that point. My issues were exactly like TONS of people on there. For someone to say it isn't a problem is disingenuous at best. And lying at worst.

have it serviced, because there are no issues on mine during videos

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro