High Sierra to Mojave upgrade: com.apple.DiskManagement error -69854.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Ran into this problem today. After clicking "Restart" to quit the installer and restart the computer, the 2014 Mac mini went into a restart loop, each time to a screen stating that the computer could not be started.

Restarted again into Recovery mode, and used the most current Time Machine backup image to do a restore. Took the backup right before downloading the Mojave installer and starting the upgrade.

Anyone else run into this specific error?

Last edited:

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
No, I updated my 2014 Mini last week, no issues. But I have heard issues across Macs upgrading to Mojave. I glad you had a backup.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
No problems here either, but I always start from scratch with a major OS updates by doing a clean install no mater what the device is. Been following that technique since the late 80's and a firm believer that's why I never experience a lot of issues others do with their tech ...

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Tried again with the Option + Command + R method, after running Disk Utility First Aid. Didn't see any issues found, but think it was good idea to check. This time the upgrade via the "Reinstall macOS" option worked well.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No problems here either, but I always start from scratch with a major OS updates by doing a clean install no mater what the device is. Been following that technique since the late 80's and a firm believer that's why I never experience a lot of issues others do with their tech ...

Exactly this.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Ran into this problem today. After clicking "Restart" to quit the installer and restart the computer, the 2014 Mac mini went into a restart loop, each time to a screen stating that the computer could not be started.

Restarted again into Recovery mode, and used the most current Time Machine backup image to do a restore. Took the backup right before downloading the Mojave installer and starting the upgrade.

Anyone else run into this specific error?
No, I have a Late 2012 Mac Mini. I partitioned the drive and installed Mojave onto a separate partition just in case Mojave was buggy or things went south.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucasEMS