High School Wireless Network Access?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I know I am asking a lot of questions but here is another...

I work at a high school with wireless just about everywhere. They keep it locked for the most part and only the kids school tablets can access it. Will it be possible for me to use my iphone with this wireless network? I am good friends with the tech guys so if it is something they can do I am sure it would not be a problem...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know I am asking a lot of questions but here is another...

I work at a high school with wireless just about everywhere. They keep it locked for the most part and only the kids school tablets can access it. Will it be possible for me to use my iphone with this wireless network? I am good friends with the tech guys so if it is something they can do I am sure it would not be a problem...

If it's WiFi and you have access to the password you sure can.

kchesney

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
As a teacher myself, I understand how it would be nice to have access in the school, BUT this could be a MAJOR!!! IT no no. It could also be frustrating in the content you have access to, because most high schools limit what sites will pass through the firewall. Just my $.o2, but remember it could get you AND your friend fired.

ExBBUser

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
As a teacher myself, I understand how it would be nice to have access in the school, BUT this could be a MAJOR!!! IT no no. It could also be frustrating in the content you have access to, because most high schools limit what sites will pass through the firewall. Just my $.o2, but remember it could get you AND your friend fired.

Good points. I would not mess around with that.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site

In the conversations that I have had with the IT guys it would not be a problem. The school I teach at is a boarding school, so they understand that that the teachers that live on campus have personal computers and devices like mine and they are pretty open with wireless access.

If I worked at a public school, I am not even sure I would ask.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro