Hi!! So I was wondering is a glass screen protector suitable for an already cracked screen?

I

iMore Question

I recently dropped my phone. It is an iPhone 5s and is cracked on both top corners and is slightly cracked on te screen itself. Once I cracked it I freaked out and put a plastic screen cover over the top as it did not already have one. I have noticed that bits of glass have stuck to the screen cover itself and i am growing concerned

xXAzhengXx

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
It is best to go get the screen repaired however it is perfectly fine to put a screen protector on it in the meantime. Applying a screen protector can also prevent parts of the screen from falling off as well as protecting the screen from further damage. Do keep in mind that when you take it off though, bits of glass from the screen may come off with it. Hope this helps!

vermon1112

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Definitely only a temporary fix. I highly recommend putting on a glass screen protector after you get your screen repaired. I've actually dropped my phone and the glass screen protector will crack, but the actual screen comes out just fine. There are also some companies that offer lifetime warranties where you can get your glass screen protector replaced for free if it gets damaged.

namso_ramo

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Definitely a temporary fix. If you see the screen start to have black spots growing or moving around, get your screen repaired asap. You do not want to risk losing your information

lonneketk

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi i would not reccommend this as a permanent solution but temporarely is okay. I dont know how it got broken but if there are many tiny pieces of glass i would suggest repairing it as soon as possible because it can get pretty dangerous