• Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Hi All, My iPhone 4s has lost its carrier and hotspot in settings, how can I get it back?

I

iMore Question

Hi All, My i phone 4s has lost its carrier and hotspot in settings

I am running 8.3, my phone ran out of power while away for a weekend and when I charged it up I had "searching" on the screen where usually the carrier icon and strength of signal is. I found I no longer had carrier in settings so tried a reset, after this I lost my hotspot and ability to use 3g or wifi. I cannot do a restore in iTunes as my I cloud "find my I phone" is enabled and I need to disable this to restore however no wifi means I cannot do this. please if you can make any suggestions very simple because that's the only way I will understand them. Cheers
Simon in the uk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Re: Hi All, My i phone 4s has lost its carrier and hotspot in settings

Sorry, but there's nothing you can do until you login to your iCloud account via a desktop web browser and disable the iCloud activation lock. Period.