hey all.. whats the full cost per month?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
ok, so im almost done with hostile negotations with my wife, to allow me to switch from my Blackberry to an Iphone 3g...

i'm trying to figure out what the actual monthly costs are going to be... mums the word on the at&t site..

is it the same voice rates as the other phones?
what is the data rates?
what SMS package is included, and how much for more?

and of course as i am a FULL-on apple fan boy... if i were to go to a Apple store to sign up, what shall i expect with regards to availablilty of 16gb models, over the 8gb models?

Thanks all.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
If your BlackBerry is with At&t, you are paying $30 a month for your data plan. Assuming you have a data plan, that is what you should be paying anyway.

For you, there is no change in plan cost. The 3G iPhone is also $30 a month for data. Everything from your minutes, to chosen text package, to your data will cost the same. The data plan will just receive a new name on your bill.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
im in the same boat with the blackberry and switching over. lots of people are mad about the price change but we are already being taken for $30 a month so we dont have to worry about any changes. Just as long as you dont need any text messaging, which i have an unlimited built into my family plan.

cfd954

Jun 12, 2008
Visit site
As others have said it will be the same price as the blackberry plan that you are currently on. Data alone is $30 per month and then you just need to add on text messaging which if you have a family plan is $30 per month and includes unlimited texting for all phones on the account. I wish you well on the switch, I had switched away from my iPhone for a small amount of time but I ended up switching back, it really is a great phone and a great platform to be on.

CoachFreak

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
ok, so im almost done with hostile negotations with my wife, to allow me to switch from my Blackberry to an Iphone 3g...

i'm trying to figure out what the actual monthly costs are going to be... mums the word on the at&t site..

is it the same voice rates as the other phones?
what is the data rates?
what SMS package is included, and how much for more?

and of course as i am a FULL-on apple fan boy... if i were to go to a Apple store to sign up, what shall i expect with regards to availablilty of 16gb models, over the 8gb models?

Thanks all.

I just had to chuckle. how hostile were the negotiations?

What everyone else has said is accurate.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
hostile negotations are still on-going... we are both Verizon BB customers, i am almost through the barrier allowing me to get the phone, although, i may accept a night on the couch for he iphone :)

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
If you are a Verizon BB customer, I would think you would actually be saving $10 a month. Assuming Verizon is the same as when I had it that is.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
hostile negotations are still on-going... we are both Verizon BB customers, i am almost through the barrier allowing me to get the phone, although, i may accept a night on the couch for he iphone :)
Forgiveness is usually easier to get than permission. Only you know what the penalty will be if forgiveness is not forthcoming.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
whats the current cost of SMS? i heard on a podcast today (apple phone show), that the SMS cost will be $10 for unlimited... i'm trying to figure how much the "all unlimited" plan will be, as my verizon bills show that i use more than 1300 minutes / mo, and more than 200 SMS...

I'm positive that i will need to replace my BB messanger, which is my primary communications with my wife, to SMS, and i'm probably goign to be paying for her Unlimited SMS plan :) .

so...

$99.99 - Unlimited Minutes
$30.00 - Unlimited Data
$10.00 - Unlimited SMS, although the current AT&T site shows this for $20...