heatherg11

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a Droid X. Really love the phone but it's become crap lately. Very laggy, several apps don't work (force close) and I'm itching for something new. I'm on Verizon and have an upgrade coming Oct. 21. I think I want the Iphone 5. I'm hoping it will be out by then. My main uses for my phone is text or whatsapp, I really want to be able to do facetime (or similar app so I can see my nieces and nephews when we talk) and email. I hear great things about the iphone but also hear stuff about it not being customizable. I know this is an iphone forum but I need some honest answers. I want a phone that I know will work like it's supposed to when I pick it up.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well the iPhone will definitely work like its supposed to. Whether it works like you want it to, that depends what your expectations are. If you expect it to be an android phone, then no. If you understand iOS and you're expecting a stable device with an intuitive UI and great performance, yes!

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I currently own a Droid X. Really love the phone but it's become crap lately. Very laggy, several apps don't work (force close) and I'm itching for something new. I'm on Verizon and have an upgrade coming Oct. 21. I think I want the Iphone 5. I'm hoping it will be out by then. My main uses for my phone is text or whatsapp, I really want to be able to do facetime (or similar app so I can see my nieces and nephews when we talk) and email. I hear great things about the iphone but also hear stuff about it not being customizable. I know this is an iphone forum but I need some honest answers. I want a phone that I know will work like it's supposed to when I pick it up.

Comparing Apple and Android is like comparing apples to oranges. An entirely different ecosystem and user experience. What you find lacking on the Droid X could very well be lacking on the iPhone. Your best bet is to try the iPhone out before you buy. If it doesn't work for you, return it in 14 days.

There is no magic which differentiates the two platforms. The determinant is you and what you want from your phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox