Help with iMessage SMS issues?

robsw

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have been having problems with receiving SMS messages exclusively from friends with iPhones. I have a Google Pixel 2XL on AT&T. This is happening with three separate people with three unique problems:

1. From this person, occasionally, a series of texts within a short period never are received. He is on Verizon with an iPhone 6S.

2. From this person, occasionally, I will get a text 3 to 10 days after it is sent. She is on AT&T with an iPhone 7.

3. From this person, occasionally, I will get a text where a current text has been "grafted" onto an old text that I never received from her from days before. I get a text that is a combination of the two texts. She is on AT&T with an iPhone 5C.

Any help?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All those people have to do is make sure that “Send as SMS” and “MMS Messaging” is enabled in the Message Settings. I frequently send and receive SMS messages from people with non-Apple devices without any problems whatsoever.

robsw

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - all three of these people have those settings as suggested and the problems persist.

Each also has performed a hard reset and reset their network settings and the problems persist.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Sorry to hear about your issues

I see you haven’t mentioned that you spoke with your provider as they have a role to play in this

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice