Help with I-pad and FaceTime

jopanni

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
My daughters both have I-pad 2. They were initially set up to iTunes through there dads apple I'd. However this means they cannot face time at the same time - nightmare apparently. I have logged out and rein put her apple I'd however when she face times it still shows up as her dads. I can't change it

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's the iCloud account. Have them each sign up for their own iCloud account, sign out of their dad's iCloud and sign into their own, and then they can both FT at the same time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what Alli stated, your kids can still use Dad's Apple ID for the App Store & iTunes Store. I had my kids set up with their own iCloud accounts for "semi"-privacy but we used a specific Apple ID just for purchases.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm done as you said it has changed on iCloud but still under dads name when it phones through

On their iPad's, go to Settings-Messages-Send & Receive and check to see if the "Start Conversation From" has a checkmark next to a possible phone number that belongs to the dad. If so, change it to their respective Apple IDs.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbt0927