Help pls...camera problem

stspoon

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the Snapture App from Cydia, but I found that the pictures that I took at there couldn?t be deleted!!!:confused: (NOTE: All the pix saved in the Camera Roll folder.) Then, I immediately deleted the Snapture App but the problem still exist!

So I could only use the original camera app that came with the iphone to take photos. However, here comes the 2nd problem - I couldn't find the pictures that were taken by the normal camera...neither in the Camera Roll or Photo Library:confused:. sigh...my iphone is now ended up without any camera function since I couldn?t locate where the pics store at.

NEED HELP PLEASE! Any input would be appreciated.

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I have the exact SAME problem... Oh well. I'll try restoring sometime later.
Oh I noticed when I save pictures from safari, I get the save photo option but they don't show up in my photo album???

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I have the exact SAME problem... Oh well. I'll try restoring sometime later.
Oh I noticed when I save pictures from safari, I get the save photo option but they don't show up in my photo album???

They are stored in the Camera Roll.

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya I looked in my camera roll. They wont' save for some reason. And I can't delete any pictures either just like the OP.:mad:

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious, has this not happened to many others with snapture? I'm not downloading snapture again if it happens again.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Never has this problem with Snapture - and I just uninstalled it without incident the other day. I was using the premium version if it makes a difference.

You are trying to delete the unwanted pictures from within Snapture by swiping them right?

Ap4mvp

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok got the answer.. found in another forum but done my way.. Ok so I use winSCP with ssh to get into the iphone files..you could also used Finder if you have that..

browse to the folder: /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/

Delete the folder called 100Apple..

Then take a picture using the original camera.. I found it works best to leave your first picture in your photos with a picture from the original camera..

Now my original camera works.. Snapture works.. and I can save images from the internet again.

twobluestars

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
You really shouldn't have to delete the pictures folders for the camera to work. Sometimes a resync, or a reboot is all that is necessary. If you have a JB'd phone, you might want to get the utility by BigBoss to move things from the small partition to the private partition. Sometimes it is a space issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB