Help please, phone wont sync with new computer!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My old laptop crashed and I just recieved my new one. I set up iTunes and put my music on it and everything and when I plug in my iP4S it does nothing. It usually just automatically synched but since it didn't I clicked on sync and it says at the top waiting to sync, preparing to sync and then one other thing but it goes by so quickly I don't know what it says. I have tried 5x +, I have unplugged the usb cord, turned the phone off, turned the computer off, restarted itunes, clicked only sync checked music/videos, ect and I am out of thoughts. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't really have to time to go sit at Apple so I only want to do that as a last resort :) Thanks in advance!

FendrGuitPlayr

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
- Try rebooting your new computer and trying again.

- Try uninstalling iTunes and then install again.

- Try re-booting your 4S

Good luck!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just hold down the power button then swipe to turn it off. after it's off press the power button again to turn it on. ;)

thats not how you reboot the iphone.....thats just to turn it on/off.
How do I reboot my 4S? If I do this will I loose all my contacts and whatnot since I can't sync it to my computer?

specialk, to reboot your iphone heres how:

hold your sleep/power button TOGETHER with the home button--IGNORE the 'slide to off' prompt and wait till you see the Apple Logo. When you see that let go of both buttons and your iphone will reboot in less than 2mins. Also try restarting your computer again as well when you do the iphone reboot:)

good luck !!