Help please! eBay or Best Buy for MacBook Pro 2016?

bonjourxx

May 27, 2016
Visit site
hello guys, i am planning to buy the MacBook Pro base model 2016, now I have two places I'm considering getting it from. One is from Best Buy that is Open box- excellent geek certified, and one from eBay seller that has the item new and sealed but obviously no receipt. To be honest I'm considering the one from eBay since it's unopened and I never really bought anything from Best Buy that's open box so im a bit hesitant (but please let me know your experience if you bought an open box certified from them and how warranty works and so on). I guess my question is does receipt matters in terms of the 1 year manufacturer warranty from apple? Let's say if ever there's some problem that occur in the future and my laptop is still covered with the 1 year warranty and I bring it to Apple Store, would they look for the laptop's receipt? Also, if I can still purchase the apple protection plan, would they look for the laptop's receipt also or all they need is the laptop's serial number and there would be no problem?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Stay away from Ebay. No receipt means no warranty. I have bought open box from Bestbuy and it is a great deal. You'll have a receipt, so you will have warranty for sure. Open box is always checked over thoroughly. You are risking not getting warranty without a receipt. Apple can ask for the receipt at anytime they please.

bonjourxx

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Yes no receipt for the laptop on eBay, but its new and sealed, and I also checked the serial number and it says it still has warranty till dec 2017. Do apple stores look for receipt just in case in the future there'd be something wrong with the laptop? Or they don't care about it at all and just checks the serial number?

bonjourxx

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Stay away from Ebay. No receipt means no warranty. I have bought open box from Bestbuy and it is a great deal. You'll have a receipt, so you will have warranty for sure. Open box is always checked over thoroughly. You are risking not getting warranty without a receipt. Apple can ask for the receipt at anytime they please.

When did your warranty start? Did it start earlier than your purchase date since it's an open box? Also, how long am I allowed to purchase the apple protection plan?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
When did your warranty start? Did it start earlier than your purchase date since it's an open box? Also, how long am I allowed to purchase the apple protection plan?

Warranty starts on the day you buy it. You have 1 year from date of purchase to get AppleCare.

Yes no receipt for the laptop on eBay, but its new and sealed, and I also checked the serial number and it says it still has warranty till dec 2017. Do apple stores look for receipt just in case in the future there'd be something wrong with the laptop? Or they don't care about it at all and just checks the serial number?

Whether it is sealed or not I would want a receipt.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR