HELP: Considering Purchasing the new iPhone

nicoff

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
First off, I have been using a Treo 650 for many years now. Last December I bought the iPhone and returned it shortly thereafter after I realized that the iPhone did not have a global search (spotlight?) and could not communicate properly with my office e-mail (MS exchange support).

I realize that there is a new version of the iPhone. I also understand that it now works with MS exchange.

I have not heard about global search (spotlight?). Does anyone know for sure if global search is coming or available on the new iPhone? Global search is a must for me as I have thousands of contacts and sometimes must search for data using the seach function.

Thanks to all for your help.

Meh_whatever

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
No clue. I think that the Google Mobile app is supposed to work like Google Desktop for your iPhone, but what I've found is that it searches the contacts and the Web just fine, but skips any other data on my device. If it would search my other data I'd say you could safely switch and be just fine, even if there were never a global search on any of the iPhones.

nicoff

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
No clue. I think that the Google Mobile app is supposed to work like Google Desktop for your iPhone, but what I've found is that it searches the contacts and the Web just fine, but skips any other data on my device. If it would search my other data I'd say you could safely switch and be just fine, even if there were never a global search on any of the iPhones.

I meant to say that I have tons of calendar and/or memos as well that need to be available for searching. Thanks for bring this up. Sounds as if iPhone is still not suitable for my use.

I just read that the iPhone has no "cut & paste" capability either. Not sure if that is true.

trevor#IM

Jul 14, 2008
www.crackberry.com
I meant to say that I have tons of calendar and/or memos as well that need to be available for searching. Thanks for bring this up. Sounds as if iPhone is still not suitable for my use.

I just read that the iPhone has no "cut & paste" capability either. Not sure if that is true.
No cut & paste is true. Ridiculous, but true.

No global search to my knowledge either. You can search through contacts to find the one you want without scrolling, but you can search for words in calendar events and messages to my knowledge.

iamnot

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
if you are talking about the option that available in most of the smartphones, then no, iphone doesnt have one!:rolleyes:
cool.jpg

hot.jpg

I really would love have that feature in my iphone too :)
digital.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro