help bring back "raise to speak" for siri

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
apple has either broken or removed the ability to list your phone to your ear and activate and interact with siri in ios 8 thus forcing us to use it out loud if you will. i refuse to use siri "out loud" and and really unable to in my office setting as many of you are. please head over to Apple - Feedback and tell apple to bring back raise to speak.

thanks

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i believe you are correct but it has now ruined the ability to raise the phone and call people, send text messages (not just reply), and do everything else with siri. they need to bring back the ability to do this outside of the text messages app.

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Not been able to use "raise to speak " any more it's really bad. The feature was very useful, you could just pick the phone out of your pocket, press it against your ear and speak to SIRI.
Now this has been removed for no apparent good reason. I really hope they will resume this as it was one of the many things that set the iPhone apart from the masses of other phones.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i agree, i've wanted to use it almost a dozen times today before lunch but i'm stuck unlocking the phone and making a phone call by dialing the number.

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Seams really strange that they would remove such a useful thing,
especially now that others like Microsoft are pushing and making better their personal assistants (Cortana). It surley is good to be able to say "hey SIRI" but still I'm not able to do so without having the phone plugged in and if I'm walking on the street or in a bus I'm certainly not going to speak at my phone from a distance.
Having it respond to me trough the earphone was maby to good to be true. :((

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the device is locked and connected to power, just pick it up and say "Hey Siri" to it... You can enable doing that in settings for Siri... Or activate via the home button... Neither of those options seem all tha onerous to me...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but if I'm walking, my phone will not be plugged in, so "hey SIRI" is not goin to work. Instead pressing th button and trying to speak with your phone to your ear will not work, SIRI will just wait there until you pull it back from your head and then start recording and talking.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If the device is locked and connected to power, just pick it up and say "Hey Siri" to it... You can enable doing that in settings for Siri... Or activate via the home button... Neither of those options seem all tha onerous to me...

Sure it works great in an office of about 100 all talking on the phone. I prefer not to talk out loud to a phone otherwise. And until the create a power cord 2000 miles long hey Siri isn't an option.

Huw Powell

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I really miss this feature for its ability to let me fill in search boxes (say, on youtube) orally instead of typing on 1/8" keys.

It is a pity it went away. I guess I haven't tried "press and hold to talk to siri" to see if that works as a substitute.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal