Help adding songs with a different laptop without syncing

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
The laptop my phone is synced with isn't working right now due to the charging port being jacked up. I want to add songs to my phone on a friend's computer but don't want to sync it to his.

It says I have to change the settings on my phone to "manual add" or whatever but when I try to do it from his computer it again says I have to sync the whole things to it just to change the setting.

Help please.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The laptop my phone is synced with isn't working right now due to the charging port being jacked up. I want to add songs to my phone on a friend's computer but don't want to sync it to his.

It says I have to change the settings on my phone to "manual add" or whatever but when I try to do it from his computer it again says I have to sync the whole things to it just to change the setting.

Help please.

iTunes only allows a device to be synched with one computer at a time. To sync it with a different computer requires all apps/audio/video synched from a different computer to be removed/wiped. It’s just how it works. No way around it that I know of. And, AFAIK, it’s always been that way.

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
iTunes only allows a device to be synched with one computer at a time. To sync it with a different computer requires all apps/audio/video synched from a different computer to be removed/wiped. It’s just how it works. No way around it that I know of. And, AFAIK, it’s always been that way.

I don't want to sync it with another computer though. I still want it synced with the original one...I just want to add some songs to my phone from a friend's laptop.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to sync it with another computer though. I still want it synced with the original one...I just want to add some songs to my phone from a friend's laptop.

It doesn’t matter. iTunes won’t allow it. Just the way it works.

Where is the music coming from that you want to add? If it’s from the iTunes store, you should be able to download it directly from iTunes. Otherwise, no dice.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It don't allow it because you don't own those songs it's a copy right thing

Only way it for your friends iTunes to to think its his phone and sync it ..

If songs are not from iTunes there is a app that will put them on your phone I think it's called share pod but it can not load any drm protected media

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
It don't allow it because you don't own those songs it's a copy right thing

Only way it for your friends iTunes to to think its his phone and sync it ..

If songs are not from iTunes there is a app that will put them on your phone I think it's called share pod but it can not load any drm protected media

Awesome!

Ok I downloaded it and see how to put the songs from my phone onto my friend's laptop but how do I put the songs from his laptop onto my phone??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You have to drag and drop the actual music files

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
You have to drag and drop the actual music files

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Am trying but its not letting me...am I missing something?? I'm just trying to drag it from the download file into the sharepod program where it shows the other music that is on my phone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Am trying but its not letting me...am I missing something?? I'm just trying to drag it from the download file into the sharepod program where it shows the other music that is on my phone.

Your missing something I haven't used it in a while so I can't really explain .. But I remember using it to load stuff on a iPhone before because I didn't want to sync it to my iTunes

Gaz Chao

Banned
Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I know a way to help you. there is a Chinese software called '快用苹果助手', you search it on google, the first item will be it. figure a way go download it, '2012 beta2' is the stable version. after installation, connect your iphone, it doesn't matter iphone is jailbreaked or not. click your iphone's name, find the music symbol on the left, then all your music will be shown, you just can manage all you music by copy and paste, you can add as many songs as you can without considering any concept of sync. manage it like doing with your windows 7.Capture.PNG

bbjp01

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
hi gaz chao i tired this and downloaded the 2012 beta 2 but it seems to only have apps when connected my iphone name is not at the top only in bottom right hand corner I try to click on my iphone name in bottom right nothing happens and its all in different language so cant figure it out? any help will be usefull?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Just a bit of advice, but Gaz Chao is not offering you a useful program, and ignoring his spammy posts would probably benefit you.

That said, where are you trying to pull the music from on the computer TO send to sharepod? What format are they in?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hi gaz chao i tired this and downloaded the 2012 beta 2 but it seems to only have apps when connected my iphone name is not at the top only in bottom right hand corner I try to click on my iphone name in bottom right nothing happens and its all in different language so cant figure it out? any help will be usefull?

Stay away from this dude

bbjp01

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
ok thanks peoples not sure what to say really what is a drm and what is dumping them in drop box?
also just abit confused as i used my sis i tunes and uploaded stuff took the phone out reconnected and continued loading more tunes but when I connected to my I tunes it wiped the device, loaded with some basic songs off my own memory card now when i re connect it says its going to wipe again any reason why? also i could not find sharepod on app store I did download the chinese site programme on to my laptop but i will remove it as i can not read it

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sharepod is a computer program, not an iPhone app. You'll have to connect your iPhone to the computer to use sharepod (though i find it weird that earlier you said you downloaded it and were using it and now you couldn't find it?)

DRM = Digital Rights Management. It is essentially a single license a person buys when purchasing a song from iTunes that allows them to use it with devices that are connected to their particular apple ID. This is the way Apple handles copyrights in reference to music they sell on iTunes.

Your iPhone needs to be connected to an iTunes account that uses the same Apple ID as your iPhone, this is how it syncs everything across the board to and from the iPhone. It is wiping your iPhone because you keep trying to sync it with an iTunes account that is not yours (music wise), so i thinks you want to associate your iPhone with whoever's account is on the computer...and as explained before, this won't work unless you want to use that person's Apple ID on your iPhone as well. You cannot have DRM music that they purchased in iTunes and put it directly on your iPhone...the licensing prevents this...you can only do this with music that was downloaded outside of iTunes and is still saved ON the computer in a format which you can transfer to your own computer.

You may also find this helpful if you and the owner can sync up together on the same network... Understanding Home Sharing

Drop Box is another option to do what you are trying to do...essentially, you move NON-DRM music from that person's computer to drop box (which is a cloud service) and you go to your computer and you download that music to your computer where you'll dump it to iTunes and sync your iPhone with YOUR OWN account on YOUR OWN iTunes.

Gaz Chao

Banned
Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
after you open this software for the first time, there should be a ongoing percentage on the bottom that indicates drivers needed by this software is downloaded automatically, after it reachs 100%, your phone name will be shown at the third position on the top. then you can click it. all your applications, music,ringtones,camera,picture library will be shown on the left. you find the music ion. all you songs will be there. you just can drag your songs in. you also can do 'copy, paste, delete', for the format, i just tried out mp3 is working, no idea about other. you can search 'Kuaiyong' on youtube to know more about how to use it. i believe you must haven't been waiting for the percentage indicator goes 100%, you phone only can be shown only after that. I hope you can clarify those absurd opinion saying my post is spam.

Last edited:

Gaz Chao

Banned
Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
my post is not spammy. you have right to read or not to read it. but you just can not accuse somebody's work is a spam without trying it yourself. it just so absurd.
Just a bit of advice, but Gaz Chao is not offering you a useful program, and ignoring his spammy posts would probably benefit you.

That said, where are you trying to pull the music from on the computer TO send to sharepod? What format are they in?

kevinocarro

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I still want it synced with the original one
1a3.jpg

Gaz Chao

Banned
Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ZOFOURTWENTY, plz stop s*h*i*tting on me. Though I am new to this forum, but im not ing around here. the two topics i raised, against by you, in the forum, one is ' find your lost iphone', the other is 'add songs without syncing with Kuaiyong'. I wear to any ing god in the universe, every single word i said about these two topic is true. plz look into it carefully before you accuse somebody of a spams spreader and a dangerous guy. here i give some tips to look into these two things.
1.'find your lost phone's numer with IMEI'
this technique is developed by a team called "chinasnow', search more about that. you will what are they famous for, though it doesn't has a lot coverage in English on the internet. but if you have any guy who can read Chinese around you, let them search '超雪神探' on google or baidu to see the coverage of it.
2.'adding songs without syncing with Kuaiyong'.
Kuaiyong is a software which is so powerful at dealing with data interaction with unjailbreaked iphone. I just say this is a software that has potential to let Cydia retire. Find more yourself by searching 'Kuaiyong' on youtube or google.
Stay away from this dude

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
my post is not spammy. you have right to read or not to read it. but you just can not accuse somebody's work is a spam without trying it yourself. it just so absurd.

I don't recall addressing you about anything, i would prefer the same from you. I simply offered a suggestion to another user so that he may get legitimate help and not spam.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods