Help a stressed out mom please - Un-jailbreak

stressedoutmomof2

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Quick question...I need to unjailbreak my son's phone 5..when I hit restore it says it want's to download an update and I have to click to "Agree to the terms" which I do but at the top of itunes it says it will take 2+ hours! Will it restore the phone once the update is done? I'm nervous to do this!!! Any input is very very appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help a stressed out mom please

Depending on your internet connection speed it could take that long... and it will restore after the download.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help a stressed out mom please

Unless you choose to restore as new, it should, but do an iTunes backup to be on the safe side. You will lose your jailbreak. Also, it should not take that long to restore the device unless Apple's servers are overloaded or your Internet connection is slow or bogged down.

stressedoutmomof2

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Thank you both for the speedy reply...it is in process now and today it looks like only 30 min. in total so I have my fingers crossed!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

The time Apple shows you is usually over inflated. Let us know if you need anything. No one likes to see a stressed out Mom :)

stressedoutmomof2

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks again everyone....update done, restore done, all back to factory ... Whew.
Mom's stress levels returning to normal....as they can be with 2 teenagers :)

Cheers!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again everyone....update done, restore done, all back to factory ... Whew.
Mom's stress levels returning to normal....as they can be with 2 teenagers :)

Cheers!

(Laughing)....Believe me, I know how it is. Anyway, I'm glad it worked out well for you. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods