[HELP] A few questions about Jailbreaking/Unlocking (First Gen)

_NULL_

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi, long time reader, newly registered member.
I'm about to jailbreak/unlock my iPhone 1st gen and I have a few questions.

I read some steps here on the site but I still want to be safe before I start.

When I restore the iPhone in iTunes do I keep the sim inside (tmobile)?

When its time for apple to release a new update and I wait for the dev team to release a new patch how would I update that? Do I restore? and if so wouldn't iTunes detect I have a unlocked phone?

And keep the sim card in when I start the process right?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It does not matter if you have the sim in or not while doing a restore. So just leave it in.

You simply do a update via iTunes and then set up as a new iPhone. Then jailbreak/unlock.

Just keep the sim in at all times. You should not have to take it out at all.

Locke#IM

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I didn't know where else to ask this, I am new at this jailbreaking thing. I bought my ipod touch about a year ago and I just decided to jailbreak it. I upgraded it to the 2.2 firmware. i was following instructions on how to jailbreak it through QuickPwn2.2 and it said I needed to get the .ISPW. It gave me a path to follow, but it was for the windows XP, I looked up on line for the vista and I got another path: "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates". I still could not find it for the life of me... I dont know how I am going to jailbreak my ipod touch 2.2 if I cannot find it, can you help me? (I am sorry if this isn't the right place to post this... I am new at forums too.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl