Hello there everyone đŸ‘‹

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been active for over a year, and I realized that I have never properly introduced myself. So here's an attempt at that :p

I joined the forums way back in 2012, posted a couple of times and went away for a couple of years. I joined back shortly before getting my iPhone 11 in 2019.

I'm a Canadian born abroad in the late 1980s, in other words I'm in my early 30s and I have adopted Canada as my homeland. And I live in the small city of Montréal (Québec) - look it up, it's actually pretty small. Fun fact, I’m perfectly bilingual in Canadian English and français canadien (Canadian French), while having the main language English.

In my day-to-day life, I work in Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) as a Sr Systems Administrator. I've been in this field a little over a decade.
If I'm not working, I'm probably studying. I'm doing an IT Engineering Baccalaureate Degree, with the end goal of doing network design and management.

While I'm not a huge car nerd, I love watching FIA Formula 1, and enjoy FIA Formula 2 and E. Why yes, Cyril Abiteboul's departure from Renault was a huge surprise for me. Other sporting events I like to watch are the Olympic Games.
A TV Series I liked a lot is called InSecurity, which is a CBC spy comedy, that I can't find anywhere.

And if I'm not home, I'm probably somewhere around Montréal or even on a mini-roadtrip.

So yeah, that's about it… :rotfl:

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been active for over a year, and I realized that I have never properly introduced myself. So here's an attempt at that :p

I joined the forums way back in 2012, posted a couple of times and went away for a couple of years. I joined back shortly before getting my iPhone 11 in 2019.

I'm a Canadian born abroad in the late 1980s, in other words I'm in my early 30s and I have adopted Canada as my homeland. And I live in the small city of Montréal (Québec) - look it up, it's actually pretty small. Fun fact, I’m perfectly bilingual in Canadian English and français canadien (Canadian French), while having the main language English.

In my day-to-day life, I work in Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) as a Sr Systems Administrator. I've been in this field a little over a decade.
If I'm not working, I'm probably studying. I'm doing an IT Engineering Baccalaureate Degree, with the end goal of doing network design and management.

While I'm not a huge car nerd, I love watching FIA Formula 1, and enjoy FIA Formula 2 and E. Why yes, Cyril Abiteboul's departure from Renault was a huge surprise for me. Other sporting events I like to watch are the Olympic Games.
A TV Series I liked a lot is called InSecurity, which is a CBC spy comedy, that I can't find anywhere.

And if I'm not home, I'm probably somewhere around Montréal or even on a mini-roadtrip.

Hello! Thanks for the awesome introduction!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone :)

giphy.gif

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thanks for properly introducing yourself. Thanks for your contributions. Continue to ENJOY.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The more languages you know, the more power you have
For those that want to learn a new language. Go do it! It’s hard, and rewarding.

It makes you much more desirable in the professional market, in my experience.

Also, it’s also great for private conversions in a place where no one speaks a particular language.
I had a discussion with a Montrealer while on a trip to Chicago, never met the person before, but it felt just a little bit like home.

Sadly, I forgot two other languages I used to speak.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Woohoo!!! Welcome Ed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CĂ˜R