Heat warning message

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Every now and then my 3G S will tell me that its too hot and it will shut itself down. I am not even close to a " heavy " user. Mostly just texting and a few calls here and there.

I have the white 16GB 3G S and I took it into the Apple store and tried exchanging it for a new one, they informed me I have to make an appointment with the Genius Bar first, which is fine by me, but are they going to leave me without a phone to send it off, or are they going to just exchange it which is what I think they should do, today marks 1 week I have had the device, it has been doing this since the second or so day, I just have not had enough free time to go up to the mall.

Any info would be great, thanks everybody!

---- sorry mod for not posting in the correct forum.

Last edited:

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Just made one, thanks guys, I was mainly just wondering if they would replace it or not (thanks Bad Ash), its really random so my luck it wont even have a problem when I'm there and they will tell me to be on my merry way.

filmore77

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow that sucks to hear about the new 3gs overheating issue, was there ever a problem with that for the 3g model? I just picked up a 16gig 3g.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia67