hearing aids via bluetooth

uncle wawa

May 21, 2010
Visit site
getting hearing aids with bluetooth capability. to use them with iphone i must get a "streamer" anyone with any experience with this setup? is it worth the 300.00 ??does it work with music too ?

thanks in advance,

mac00271

May 21, 2010
Visit site
My father-un-law uses a streamer with his iPhone 3G and absolutely loves it. He streams both the phone and his music through it (in stereo). It works wonderfully and he would not be without it.

mac00271

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I am sure it depends on what type of hearing aids you have. The total cost for his hearing aids, streamer (with attachment for tv and home phone as well) was like $10,000 so I honestly couldn't tell you how much the bluetooth streamer was he got them all at once.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a pair of Oticon Duet hearing aids, extremely small and discrete. The downside is the only headsets on the market (that I have seen) are either in ear or the Moto over the ear which is not as effective. Trust me I cannot afford to lose a hearing aid that retails for $3000 so I can use a headset that costs $100.

Does anyone know of a good over the ear BT headset that has very good noise cancelling?

Levyesq#IM

Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
My Oticon Streamer worked great with my iPhones 3G and 3GS. since they added A2DP, you no longer need to attach the streamer to the phone. And since iOS4 and the iPhone 4, you can adjust the volume on the phone. I think my streamer added about $300 to the cost. works well on calls and music, except for those callers who are already susceptible to a somewhat degraded call quality on any bluetooth headset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh