Heads Up - Some iMore apps being retired!

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks,

Per the announcement on the blogs here, the iMore website will soon be seeing some changes take place. With that, we will be retiring some of the blog apps you may be using more specifically, the iMore App found here for iOS and the iMore App for Android found here. That said, the iMore Forums apps you may use such as TapaTalk, and iMore Forums for Android and iOS will continue to work for the forums. Only apps that interact with the blogs are affected by this change. We apologize for the inconvenience but changes are simply not compatible with those older apps.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey folks,

Per the announcement on the blogs here, the iMore website will soon be seeing some changes take place. With that, we will be retiring some of the blog apps you may be using more specifically, the iMore App found here for iOS and the iMore App for Android found here. That said, the iMore Forums apps you may use such as TapaTalk, and iMore Forums for Android and iOS will continue to work for the forums. Only apps that interact with the blogs are affected by this change.

Thanks for the info! :)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It’s an App that allows you to access all of your favorite online forums in one place. I used it for awhile and didn’t care for it. I do realize, however, that I’m in the minority!

I'm not that sure you're in the minority. I do use it, because of inertia, but I wouldn't be sad to lose it too much even if accessing the forums over a browser is slower.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you happen to have the "old" app still installed on your iPhone, I'm happy to report that it works with the new platform we migrated to a few weeks ago.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I am still using the iMore Forums app that I have been using since it was that pleasant shade of blue (HINT),seems to work still !
Are they going to make a new app ? I have never got round to deleting the main app either !

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am still using the iMore Forums app that I have been using since it was that pleasant shade of blue (HINT),seems to work still !
Are they going to make a new app ? I have never got round to deleting the main app either !
Im still using it as well and it’s never disappeared after installing updates! I consider myself lucky because I know others have had the app disappear after updating.

As for a new app, it’s my impression that there haven’t been any plans for a new one. Hopefully, the powers that be will change their minds about that!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have taken it off for space or something. I have dropped in and out for years. I was confused when it didn’t show but all I was seeing was forums was still here and iMore was gone. Well I’m on Tapatalk. It’s the only forum I’m on….I’d prefer a dedicated app too.

I’m dating myself but I was also on CrackBerry. Was it and IMore and Android all together under the same “umbrella” or was iMore totally separate.

Reactions: Annie_M

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have taken it off for space or something. I have dropped in and out for years. I was confused when it didn’t show but all I was seeing was forums was still here and iMore was gone. Well I’m on Tapatalk. It’s the only forum I’m on….I’d prefer a dedicated app too.

I’m dating myself but I was also on CrackBerry. Was it and IMore and Android all together under the same “umbrella” or was iMore totally separate.
CrackBerry, Android Central, iMore and Windows Central were part of the same family of sites under Mobile Nations.
CrackBerry was sold back a couple in 2021 to their previous owner.

Im still using it as well and it’s never disappeared after installing updates! I consider myself lucky because I know others have had the app disappear after updating.

As for a new app, it’s my impression that there haven’t been any plans for a new one. Hopefully, the powers that be will change their minds about that!
It will stop working when you cross-grade to a new device :(

The iMore Forums app was a whitelabel version of Tapatalk, so I guess there's that to take into account.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
And thank goodness for Tapatalk. I was not a fan of Tapatalk for the longest time. I still prefer the web version, but putting my stubbornness aside, I have grown to appreciate it, (grudgingly). :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods