Headphone problem poll

lufc95

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi everybody, I have had the headphone problem (your iphone states that your headphones are inserted even though they're not thus making it unusable) for two months now. After trawling through Google I keep seeing the usual stuff-(plug in/out headphone jack several times, blast it with air etc). None of this works so can somebody with tech savvy please create some kind of online petition so we can embarres apple into action? Maybe it's not a problem to the majority of users but I'm starting to see more and more posts complaining of this issue. It would be just great to post on the Apple forum as often as possible with a long list of users' names to let them know this is a major flaw rather than an isolated issue. Any answers would be appreciated...

costas00

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I'll be playing a game or something, then suddenly the phone thinks the headphones are plugged in. I tried plugging in and removing headphones, restarting the phone, soft reset, complete itunes restore, cleaning out the headphone jack and none of that works. It just works later on when it wants to. I think the sensor is broken. When I went to the apple store before, the lady told me there is something wrong with it and signed me up for an appointment. I even video taped it in case they don't believe me. I'll tell you what the do when I go to the apple store today. What helped me once was cleaning out the jack, but that could have been a fluke since it didn't work again.

costas00

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I went to the apple store to get my phone checked out. First they said everything was working properly and they didn't do anything. Then I argued with them for a while and the tech opened the phone and found out the wires weren't connected properly to the circuit board. He tightened it up and gave the phone back to me. Now I don't have the problem at all. Problem solved! Go to the apple store and get them to fix yours.

jerry.b.2

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine actually works fine but I have had three pair of the stock earbuds and the right earbud starts to rattle in no time and is horrible sounding. What is the deal with that? Does anyone else have that issue?

JB

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine actually works fine but I have had three pair of the stock earbuds and the right earbud starts to rattle in no time and is horrible sounding. What is the deal with that? Does anyone else have that issue?

JB

The answer? Apple's earbuds suck! No... seriously! :rolleyes:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes they do suck I went through 4 the rubber around the earbud would always peel off. The latest ones they sell seem better but it's still too early to tell cause I've only had it for a week now. I took the headphones from my 1st gen shuffle and they are still perfect and the sound is amazing and I thought why didn't they make earphones like that to go with the Iphone/ITouch?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro