HDCP for playback message

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple TV has been working fine since I bought it a few weeks ago. Watched Netflix last night, all good. Now I'm getting a message that says - This content requires HDCP for playback.

I checked the HDMI cables, swapped cables, bypassed the switcher that provides signal to the tv from Directv or Apple TV and have totally unplugged the Apple TV twice. Nothing. Video starts to play for about 4-5 seconds after I unplug it for about 20 seconds and then it pauses. Happening with Netflix, Hulu and trailers. YouTube works fine as does Radio. I read info posted by iMore about this. It said to do exactly what I did. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I called Apple after I posted this. They suggested unplugging the TV for 20 seconds and if that didn't work, to reset the Apple TV. Then, if no luck with that, make an appointment at an Apple store. I was very surprised that everything worked fine after I unplugged the TV then plugged it back in. I didn't think that was going to take care of the problem.