Having signal issues

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I have AT&T and 5G is available in my area but it seems like any time I go in a building it’s 5Ge. From what I see that is like a glorified LTE?? The download speeds are slow when this happens and I can’t even watch a stream on twitch without it freezing up. Does anyone else have these issues? Could it just be the towers in this area?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have AT&T and 5G is available in my area but it seems like any time I go in a building it’s 5Ge. From what I see that is like a glorified LTE?? The download speeds are slow when this happens and I can’t even watch a stream on twitch without it freezing up. Does anyone else have these issues? Could it just be the towers in this area?

It could be the area, the thickness of the building’s wall, or it could be equipment in the building that designed to deter cellphone usage. Who knows? The main thing is know there are things that can interfere with the cell signal whether 5G or not.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I experience this from time to time and it’s frustrating. You are correct in that 5Ge is glorified LTE. Have you tried talking to AT&T?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Metal can interfere with signals. Some buildings have a lot of metal, such as rebar, metal frame windows, etc.

This is an excellent point. It really does depend on the type of building. My husband was in the emergency room a couple of months ago and I had literally no signal in parts of the hospital. Thankfully there was Wi-Fi that I was able to connect to and was able to make calls in contact family members.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is an excellent point. It really does depend on the type of building. My husband was in the emergency room a couple of months ago and I had literally no signal in parts of the hospital. Thankfully there was Wi-Fi that I was able to connect to and was able to make calls in contact family members.

Metal affects wifi signals as well. A few years ago, I was in a school gym. Was getting no signal at all. The building was metal. Stepped right outside the door, and got a signal. I couldn't even send a photo inside.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all for the tips and ideas. It’s just weird bc I worked in a service lane at a dealership, the door was open most of the time. I set right next to the massive garage door and poor signal. Same at my new job except I have a big window behind me. I feel like when I had att LTE it was stronger

don alex

Apr 20, 2022
Visit site
Wifi transmissions are also affected by metal. I was at a school gym a few years ago. There was no signal at all. The structure was made of metal. I took a step beyond the door and received a signal. I wasn't even able to submit a snapshot inside.

real estate istanbul

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner