Having an issue with the Facebook app

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues lately with the Facebook app as well as the mobile site on my phone. On the mobile site...side...I can't login to save my life. I input my email and password, and rather than log in, it just refreshes the login page. The facebook app ITSELF...I can login (sort of), but it tells me there's no internet connection. And when I do manage to login, the homescreen just refreshes itself in and endless loop. Anyone else having this issue....BEFORE I do a complete wipe and restore?

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup, both over 3G and WiFi. Only difference is that over WiFi...the screen refreshes at lightning fast speeds. I've already tried doing a fresh restore (not from a backup) and it didn't help. Based on what I'm seeing from the actual DESKTOP Facebook site, I think something is either wrong with Facebook itself, or something is screwy with my account. On my desktop site (meaning on my home pc), I see my own posts which I KNOW there are responses to, yet I can't see them. They will just appear and disappear on their own at random. The desktop site has been doing this for a few days now. So I don't know if Facebook is the issue, or if my account was hacked somehow. I've already tried changing my password several times...but to no avail.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, if it's weird on your pc I wouldn't do a restore yet?obviously it's a bigger issue than your phone. Have you tried updating the app and/or deleting and reinstalling it?

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I have tried deleting and reinstalling. I did a clean restore, when that didn't work I restored again from a backup so that I wouldn't lose all my settings. I'm getting more and more convinced that there is something seriously wrong with my facebook account itself. I'm very confident that my phone ISN'T the issue at all.

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the used apps as well. The only one that popped up was an app called "Focus for Facebook", and basically that was my single attempt yesterday to find an alternate Facebook app. But I had deleted the app off my phone and took it off that list as well.

I am 100 percent convinced that the problem is somewhere in my account itself. The issues I was having on my phone, was logging in. I ended up accidentally resurrecting an account I'd made under a different email address a couple years ago, when I was first experimenting with Facebook. Back to my phone...I had no trouble logging into this "resurrected" account on the Facebook app OR Safari itself. Tried logging back into my existing one...no go. So it's clear what I have to do...re-add all my friends to my old/new account...and delete the problem one.

But I DO thank you for your suggestions guys. My trusted iPhone wasn't the problem and never was.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure? Both my husband and I had the constant stream refresh loop the day before yesterday, did nothing and it resolved. I think Facebook is effing with the API again.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure? Both my husband and I had the constant stream refresh loop the day before yesterday, did nothing and it resolved. I think Facebook is effing with the API again.

Pardon my stupidity...but what's API?

I can't think of what else it COULD be. The constant stream refresh ONLY seems to be an issue when I try to log in to that specific problem account. The mobile site on Safari...that won't even log in at all. Now that I've started setting up the replacement account, the Facebook App AND Safari have no trouble logging in, and no stream refresh loop. But the second I log back into the suspect account...endless loop.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It stands for application programming interface. Whenever Facebook effs around with their features it usually breaks the app. It may not affect all users if it's a particular server being worked on. It just seems odd that my husband and I both had the same issues you were having over the last couple of days but they have resolved now. Hope that helps!

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Im glad you two aren't having that issue anymore. If Facebook WAS just f***ing around with their settings, then it would've been NICE if they'd have put some sort of warning out. Facebook clearly has some serious issues right now. As a last resort, I logged into my account using my sisters Android phone. Her Facebook app did let me log in, though the same problems that I have on my actual PC, were there too. Her phones browser, did NOT let me log in, just like Safari on my iPhone. So in the end, I've added my existing friends to the account that's NOT giving me ANY issues, and deleted the existing one. Uploading everything all over again....it's something to do, so I won't complain.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol Facebook never warns people when they **** up the API. Then when everyone's app or game is broken they stay quiet. I remember when they broke the BB facebook app for 2 weeks once.

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Companies or Sites that DO warn about an upcoming change, are so few and far between. I know that all these recent changes Facebook has made, had SOMETHING to do with why my account is all ****ed up. But because they don't seem to have an actual technical support department...I exercised the only option I had.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR