Having a IPhone on Verizon

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I know two people who have iPhones on Verizon.

One has an iPhone 4 and the other has a 4S

They complain about the 3G service being horrible

Yet when they had an android phone they had no issue with the 3G service

Is the radio in the CDMA iPhone's lacking?

They also say the trade off to having an iPhone is yeah it's an unmatched phone, but my android phone had much better service.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know two people who have iPhones on Verizon.

One has an iPhone 4 and the other has a 4S

They complain about the 3G service being horrible

Yet when they had an android phone they had no issue with the 3G service
Ugh! The Tapatalk app crashed again after I initially responded to this post. Hopefully, my reply with upload this time around. My iPhone 4S is on the Verizon network and my 3G speed is sufficient enough to where I do not miss the 4G speed of my Android device(s). I travel quite a bit between NC and Florida and service is great throughout.

Is the radio in the CDMA iPhone's lacking?
It is in my experience.

They also say the trade off to having an iPhone is yeah it's an unmatched phone, but my android phone had much better service.
Each brand of smartphones have pros and cons so don't get caught up on which is best. If you are getting better service via your Android device then stick with it. It doesn't make sense to purchase another device just to end up frustrated with it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Ugh! The Tapatalk app crashed again after I initially responded to this post. Hopefully, my reply with upload this time around. My iPhone 4S is on the Verizon network and my 3G speed is sufficient enough to where I do not miss the 4G speed of my Android device(s). I travel quite a bit between NC and Florida and service is great throughout.

It is in my experience.

Each brand of smartphones have pros and cons so don't get caught up on which is best. If you are getting better service via your Android device then stick with it. It doesn't make sense to purchase another device just to end up frustrated with it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

I'm not the one with the Verizon iPhone. I actually have an AT&T iPhone 4. It has it's issues. Anyways if he doesn't completely give up on the phone then he wouldn't have to buy an android. Plus he has apple tv's all over his house. An Android phone is an inconvenience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not the one with the Verizon iPhone. I actually have an AT&T iPhone 4. It has it's issues. Anyways if he doesn't completely give up on the phone then he wouldn't have to buy an android. Plus he has apple tv's all over his house. An Android phone is an inconvenience.

I must have misinterpreted your original post. I have no idea why Android smartphones perform better than iPhones on Verizon's network in the location in which your friends uses their phones. In my experience, 3G speeds while using a Droid Incredible on the Verizon network as well as my iPhone 4S on the same network are comparable.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've only had one problem in the last year and a half. My iPhone completely lost connectivity for about a minute. Other than that, I've never had a problem. My Mum picked up an iPhone in January and has never had 3G connectivity issues. Maybe it's the area?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No problems with me on Verizon either and I live in the middle of BFE. Signal is as strong at my house as it is in the city.

lmao !! i use that expression also !!

As for my reception - i can honestly say my iPhone does waaaay better than my Bold 9650 did. On my blackberry, i'd always be hoovering around 3-4 bars - on my iPhone i'm always at 5, and at a minimum 4 on a cloudy/rainy/stormy day. :)

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Been on Verizon forever with both Androids and iPhones. Can say the 3G on iPhone is a lot less spotty and works just fine on my iPhone. Everything ont eh iPhone works better than any Android I've owned.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Houston, and honestly the 3G on the iPhone has been horrible for me.

I consistently got around 1.5 down on my BB 9650. Got the iPhone 4 at launch, speeds were usually under 1. Got the 4S at launch, no better. I'm surprised when I get above 1, it rarely happens. I hover around the .3-.6 range 95% of the time.

As for my data usage, I can't remember the last time I went above 1.2 gb on my unlimited data plan.

Sent from my Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had Verizon since they were air touch never had issues with service anywhere I went other states etc .. I assume your friends have done *228 option 2 ..

Other than that it must just be the area

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's 3G service as well as LTE is almost unusable. At my house they are pretty much 1X service only. This test that I ran is spot on where I live.

4705716e-ff40-da73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal