Have you experienced the Quick reply pop-up going away for no apparent reason while replying?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I've had this happen to me many times on both my ipad and iphone -- when I get a text/iMessage and decide to use the quick reply to type the response, many times, the quick reply pop up will blow away for no apparent reason when I'm in the middle of composing my response. It's super annoying especially if my response is more lengthy.

Initially, I thought this happened if I get another notification coming through while I've got the quick reply screen up, but it has definitely happened at other times.

Does this happen to anyone else?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Quick reply issue

It happened to me a couple times but not so many that I've become annoyed. I'm not sure why it's happening but hopefully it'll get fixed with the next update.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quick reply issue

It happened to me a couple times but not so many that I've become annoyed. I'm not sure why it's happening but hopefully it'll get fixed with the next update.

Mine seem to happen in bunches, so I get really annoyed.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I might see that once or twice a week if I'm texting a lot or multiple people. I usually get frustrated right when it happens, but have never given it much thought. lol

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear it's not just me but stinks that you have to stop using what would otherwise be a very useful feature.
I know right ... first few times I thought it was something I was doing like accidentally swiping or touching the screen while typing. Then as it happened more often I paid better attention and realized that the screen was just disappearing in mid sentence. In the meantime until Apple sorts this one out, I've went "old school" and resorted to sliding the message over to enter the main iMessage App ...

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me again today. It's not regular enough that I don't use it, but I am glad that it saves my message progress in the messaging app. Sometimes I can type a pretty long message before it goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2