Have You Ever Had A Bad Experience At An Apple Store Genius Bar?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all have you ever had to go into an Apple store Genius Bar with any iDevice and if so do you leave totally satisfied or disappointed? Whatwas the situation either way?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had two visits to the Genius Bar. The first was for my daughters iPhone 4s. Her power button was stuck. They replaced the phone. We were out in 20 min. The second trip was for my iPhone 5. My home button was making a crunching sound and not working at times. They replaced my screen at no charge and I was out in about a hour. Both times everyone was very helpful. Those experiences made me really appreciate what apple offers beyond the devices we use. The customer service is an extremely important factor for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Never had a bad experience at an Apple store, I think they WORK to keep it that way and it certainly doesn't go unnoticed.

via the phone 📲

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Never had a bad experience at any Apple store. Their customer service is second to none even over the phone. While I've never had the pleasure of visiting the Genius Bar (iphones have worked flawless), I can imagine that the experience would be a GOOD one.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
i've only ever needed to use a Genius Bar once and it was a refreshingly simple and pleasant experience. Apple really do pride themselves on their customer care and if i was going to work in retail, that's the sort of place i'd like to work.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've only gone once to the Genius Bar cause the lock button on my 4S got stuck. I was only about 5-10 minutes at the Genius Bar so no bad experiences so far.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Never had a bad experience at an Apple store. Fortunately, I've never had to make a Genius Bar appointment. I know though if and when that day comes the service will probably be exceptional

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had bad experiences. I had what was supposed to be an unlocked iPhone 5 purchased from Apple directly. However, somehow it ended up loved to my carrier during an exchange for a defect. I only found this out when I travelled and the new SIM I put in didn't work. I booked a a Genius Bar to check this, but the Genius there poo poo'd this and said it was unlocked even without checking it fully. Next trip to the US and problems again. This time I walked into a US Apple store without an appointment and the person there was able to check via the serial number and confirmed that it was locked.

That Genius Wasted my time and money, I shouldn't had let her get away with not checking more thoroughly.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't say that I've ever had a bad experience. Majority of the time they help me out a lot.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I personally have never had to go but all of my friends that have gone have had nothing but good experiences.
Good Luck

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but it had nothing to do with Apple support staff. I was playing with demos trying to decide between a MacBook Pro and MacBook Air when a guy started telling me why he would never own a Mac and the reasons PC-Windows were better. Trolls here on iMore are bad but dealing with a troll in person is much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but it had nothing to do with Apple support staff. I was playing with demos trying to decide between a MacBook Pro and MacBook Air when a guy started telling me why he would never own a Mac and the reasons PC-Windows were better. Trolls here on iMore are bad but dealing with a troll in person is much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
I would've never put up with that ... No moderators at the Apple store to save you from me!!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Nothing but good experiences at the Apple Store. Especially when they gave me a 1st Gen MBP for a PowerBook G4 they tried to fix 4 times. Only had 1 iPhone replaced. A 3GS when the headphone jack stopped working. They replaced it straight away.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Never with the genius bar, but I have had a couple of issues with the sales people and general service people on the floor...

Once when we were ordering my wife's first iPad Mini. The store we were at was not taking walk in purchases on them (order fulfillment only)...we didn't know this when we went in but were pretty sharply turned away when we asked about buying one (rude, but not a huge deal), so we placed an order on my iPhone via the Apple Store app, and then went BACK to show an order had been placed and asked where to pick it up (had already received "ready for pick up" email)...the guy who initially turned us away I guess had a bit of an attitude since I figured out a way around the issue, and he said "We will have to see if there is stock...", and finally came back after about 10min. saying he needed to see the email again. I promptly walked to another clerk and they immediately helped us, grabbed our iPad and we were on our way. I actually emailed the store about that clerk and the manager got back to me and offered his sincere apologies and blah blah blah.

Second time was after scheduling an appointment for my wife's Macbook Pro (screen hinge piece was loose and we wanted it looked at)...walked into the store on a very busy Saturday and apparently they had processed her appointment an hour later than what we set. No big deal, but I did tell the guy that they were wrong on that and even showed him on my iPhone...we decided to go eat and come back an hour later...when we came back, the guy said "You guys gave up your appointment when you left, you'll have to schedule another time" (there were none for that day). The guy had assumed we were mad and when we walked away changed our appointment back to the original time (after telling us it was an hour later)...and we ended up having this big argument at the front of the store. Thankfully, a manager heard the issue, saw the time we showed and went ahead and got us taken care of...but I made sure that he knew the little ***** at the front of the house was totally at fault for the confrontation.

Genius bar itself has NEVER given us anything but awesome service.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Never! Only had 2 appointments and both resulted in new phones (mine and my wife's) with 0 hassle!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
none. Been many times, always very happy with the outcome. The most recent visit was due to my 5C making weird rattling noises when I shook it (something seemed to be loose inside). They took it backstage, opened it, fixed/glued (no idea what exactly haha) it and handed it back to me looking sparkling and almost brand new. I always love it how they don't want to see any records. No bills, no warranties, nothing. Also the few times I had to deal with it they were extremely friendly. Makes me wanna tip them most of the time haha.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
none. Been many times, always very happy with the outcome. The most recent visit was due to my 5C making weird rattling noises when I shook it (something seemed to be loose inside). They took it backstage, opened it, fixed/glued (no idea what exactly haha) it and handed it back to me looking sparkling and almost brand new. I always love it how they don't want to see any records. No bills, no warranties, nothing. Also the few times I had to deal with it they were extremely friendly. Makes me wanna tip them most of the time haha.

Well, it is pretty obvious that your 5c is less than a year old and within the warranty period. 😜

via the tablet 📱

midlova

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My daughter's Iphone 5 was one of the units outlined for a battery recall. Her serial number matched the Apple website. I went to the Apple store to get the battery replaced and was later told that Apple would not address the recall b/c we had replaced the screen at a non authorized Apple facility. So my question is what does the screen have anything to do with the battery that was tagged for a recall? I would understand if we replaced the battery on our own and Apple would not replace the battery with a correct one, but because our screen was replaced, Apple skirted their responsibility of addressing the recall. It is like a car manufacturer saying that I did not replace my windshield at the dealer and as a result my warranty was voided and a recall that addresses the performance of my car can no longer be addressed. Shame on you Apple. As a small business owner who own 35 Macs, 10 Iphones, I am now in the process of converting away. I am voting with my dollar. I will be trading my daughter's Iphone to get her a Samsung. I am arguing about the merits of their policy, there are times certain circumstances require a little of common sense. Voiding a recall claim based on a screen which has nothing to do with a battery they have admitted is bad, is bad business.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73