Have any of you noticed the gap between the display and the metal band on your iPhone?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok maybe most of you have heard about the small gap between the display and metal band. I tested and yea there is a small gap. I’ve heard it isn’t a defect but part of the design of the phone unfortunately and it’s sealed so no worries about the water going in. Have any of you noticed it and are you to tolerate it?

It doesn’t bother me and getting another Pro max gives me concern it might come with another problem. Just want some input.

Thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gap

I haven’t even attempted to look for a gap. All I know is my iPhone 12 Pro works as advertised, still looks great, and if something breaks, I’ll replace it via Apple Care+....

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Mine has a slight gap and same with wife’s. Most people won’t notice it unless they dissect their phone. My iPhone 11 has the same thing. It’s nothing to worry about.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Mine has a slight gap and same with wife’s. Most people won’t notice it unless they dissect their phone. My iPhone 11 has the same thing. It’s nothing to worry about.

Thank you it’s a relief I am not the only one

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Haven’t even noticed it and probably wouldn’t bother me if I did. I love the device and have extended Apple care, so if something did happen in the future, I would just get a replacement.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Nope, no 'gap' here and yes it would bother me if it had one. After checking for the gap, something I did realize, I have to get a clear case so I can show off the real beauty of this iPhone 12 Pro Max. LOL

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

My XS did not have perfect machining but I lived with it because stuff gets used. I'm kind of a perfectionist for stuff like that but it seemed like more of a bother to do a swap. My 12 PM has extraordinary build and finish quality. We buy Apple and Android as much as dozens at a time. Overall quality is great.

My advice is check physical quality before you ever set anything up to spare time if you do a return. Also get the stainless and white phones if you're a perfectionist. A true scratch doesn't show like the color treatment metal.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

A apple agent have responded that its normal
To have small gap between the screen and rim of the metal its a manufacturer tolerance thing some may have it and some don’t. He assured that its still resistance to water and dust due to the seal is under the screen. I am only perfectionist when its new within time I get use to it and just go with it. So I am hoping my anxiety goes away I am also ocd with screen protectors and I am ready to give it up and go without one I can live with scratches but specs of dust and lint behind the screen protector (bezel area not on actual active screen thank goodness) bothers me and am always cleaning it lol some of told me go without a SP if dust and lint bothers cause screen protectors corners and sides gets full of them. I do have Applecare+

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If I have to use a magnifying glass to look for a gap, then I'm not worried about it.

giphy.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice