Has there ever been less of a reason to upgrade?

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Vote with your wallet, sir. If you like it, buy it. If not, buy something else.

FWIW, I (and many others) disagree with your assessment that the FP Scanner is a gimmick and that iOS 7 appears to have been designed by a 5 year old with colored pencils. There are, however, some who will agree with you. We?ll see how this plays out after Friday and after all the sales numbers are tallied. I?m betting on "WIN" for Apple.

I am thinking the 5s is going to be very hard to get.

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely people on both sides of the fence in terms of both the FP scanner and perhaps the most polarising is the look of iOS7. It really seems to be a love/hate thing. I certainly understand that many people love it...but I (and those I talk to) just hate it. Perhaps Apple "could" have given us a couple of skin options in the iOS but I truly think Johnny dropped the ball here and potentially lost Apple a lot of customers...though Im sure a lot of new customers will come on board in the Far East as they do seem to like cartoony skins.

You're quite right about voting with my wallet... and this time I will keep my cash.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
People said the same thing when the 4s came out also.
We all know the "s" models are very incremental updates. I don't know why people forget every 2 years.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Touch ID, Slow motion Video, unbelievable burst mode yeah I personally think its worth the upgrade but the iPhone 5 on iOS 7 is not a bad alternative. Why do we get the same boring argument every time a S model comes out. We all know what to expect. If you don't want it just don't get it simple as that.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
People said the same thing when the 4s came out also.
We all know the "s" models are very incremental updates. I don't know why people forget every 2 years.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Because Android pumps out multiple phones per year onto the market with different styles, features, skins, etc. Visual differences are more striking than what's on the inside. Nobody really is in deep conversation over the whole 64bit magic inside the phone. The most controversial bit are the colors on iOS 7. People love it, hate it, want to switch back, etc. Which is why the S models are always a let down and why I think the gold is so popular- because it's visually something new. That and people are afraid or concerned that Apple isn't moving as fast as the rest of the market. 2yrs for one design is an eternity in the smartphone market.

I personally like the S models and would prefer to upgrade on the S models over the "regular" models. 2 out of my 3 iPhones I've owned were S models- you upgrade to the new design (for you) and you get extra features.

MisterMe11

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nice little upgrade from a bb7 blackberry though :)

The upgrade issue is dependent on what iphone you currently have. If you have a 4S or before, its a very nice upgrade. Bigger screen, faster, better camera, fingerprint scanner, etc. If you have the 5, its not a big deal but its definitely a better upgrade than say the 4 to the 4S.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Nonsense. Twice as much RAM, 64bit OS and CPU (a first for a mobile phone), the camera's new flash system and the fingerprint scanner are all substantial improvements.

The keyword was "for day to day use".
Are these hardware upgrade really contributing to your daily use/productivity?
I am genuinely curious about it, as I have been upgrading my iPhone from the first iteration (2G) up to 5 as soon as they were launched as my default action.
But for the 5s, I slowed down a bit and am contemplating.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77