Has the novelty of touch screen worn off for you?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Remember when the iPhone was the only touch screen phone?

Do you feel like one of the things that made the iPhone unique and special, touch screen, has been taken away?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Palm had touch screens way before Apple, even going back to the Handspring days when the first Treo was introduced just as Handspring was being bought by Palm.

Regardless, the iPhone 4S is absolutely beautiful.

Good Luck

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
No, this is my 3rd touch screen device, i find it easier to type on than the laptop i type on now. i had a bb 8330 and practically had to use a pen tip to type. Then went to a storm 2, and while using that bought a iPod 4 and fell in love with apple interface. Now all i have is 2 iPhones, the iPod touch and iPod nano. The inlaws have some lg touch screen phones that are a pita to use when they have issues

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Palm had touch screens way before Apple, even going back to the Handspring days when the first Treo was introduced just as Handspring was being bought by Palm.

Regardless, the iPhone 4S is absolutely beautiful.

Good Luck

eh but the Palm devices were kind of shady and the battery life was that of a cordless phone, actually the same size and they gained a memory as well... there were tons of touch screen devices before apple. but the technology from then and now is leaps and bounds

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
eh but the Palm devices were kind of shady and the battery life was that of a cordless phone, actually the same size and they gained a memory as well... there were tons of touch screen devices before apple. but the technology from then and now is leaps and bounds

My PalmPilot was a touch screen (1996) but most of the time I used the stylus.
Monochrome as well.

My first touch screen phone was a Treo 300 ( remember the clam shell).
What a piece of crap that was compared to what we have today.

The iPhone 4S is a beaut.
Love it as well as my iPad 2

Good Luck

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I must say, I miss the physical keyboard. Over the last three years, I've become pretty proficient with my Apple touchscreens, but I do kind of miss the physical keyboard.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I must say, I miss the physical keyboard. Over the last three years, I've become pretty proficient with my Apple touchscreens, but I do kind of miss the physical keyboard.

I miss the physical keyboard as well. I had a Blackberry before my iPhone and that was one thing that kept me using it as long as I did was the keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I find typing and input on the iPhone to be very fluid, I recently had the opportunity to type on a BlackBerry again and the QWERTY proved to be quite a challenge to use again. Touchscreen all the way!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
My PalmPilot was a touch screen (1996) but most of the time I used the stylus.
Monochrome as well.

My first touch screen phone was a Treo 300 ( remember the clam shell).
What a piece of crap that was compared to what we have today.

The iPhone 4S is a beaut.
Love it as well as my iPad 2

Good Luck

That was my first touch screen phone as well..Treo 300. A piece of crap compared to today but it was the best out there at the time (expensive too if i remember right). Give it another 10 years we'll look back on the iphone in the same way.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Do not think of the touchscreen as a novelty anymore but rather as the norm. Loved BB devices but do not miss the physical keyboard. The devices that I never could warm to are the combo physical and touch; had a Motorola Droid with that configuration and just never could get used to the physical placement. They may have improved since I used one though. Do like the iPhone touchscreen better than Android and have not tried the BB version since the Storm I had.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
iPhones need a new movelty: tactile feedback. The iPhone would be the first phone to have it.

The thing is that when you're touching the screen you can't really tell what you're typing unless you're looking at it. Will this ever happen, probably not.

But I think that accuracy would improve. What if you could actually feel the joysticks on an iPhone game?

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
As much as I like a big screen, I am really liking the touch and keyboard combo on the Bold 9930. If they can make the screen bigger while keeping the keyboard, I would be set. Just something about those physical keys that help me out a lot.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
While in my bb days, I used the Storm 2, which was absolutely horrid to type on. Omg there were days I wanted to throw that thing thru a closed window!! :eek: after that device imoved onto the Bold 9650, the keyboard was nice. (prior to those 2 bb's,I had a 8330 pink curve)

Ever since moving on to the iPhone just this past Nov., I thought I would've struggled a tad adjusting to the all touch screen on the iPhone but amazingly enough I adapted right away. I now can say I totally spaz out typing on a physical key pad LOL. I had to use my Dads LG Octane the other day, omg....I was sorta lost on a physical keypad, it was sad :p Lmao.

So, for me the whole touch screen experience is pleasant and has not "worn out" for me what so ever😊

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Not for Mabbooks though.

It works for phones. I never actually used a full keyboard on a mobile phone. They're just so small. Wth touchscreens, you can change the input at will.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
While in my bb days, I used the Storm 2, which was absolutely horrid to type on. Omg there were days I wanted to throw that thing thru a closed window!!

Pink,

And how about the cursor. It had a mind of it's own when trying to move or place it while typing or selecting. :eek:

Good Luck

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink,

And how about the cursor. It had a mind of it's own when trying to move or place it while typing or selecting. :eek:

Good Luck

:eek: OMG!! Your not kidding. I think that was one of the things I REALLY hated the most about the S2 - the copy/paste function.....it was a horror show indeed!!

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't ever imagine going back to a BB with a keyboard - or the pointing devices (had 3 types the roller ball, the rocker and the wheel on the side). No the novelty has not worn off and yes I agree this now feels like the norm. How can i say both? I just broke out my old iPaq 211 the other day - no keypad, but have to use stylus or something similar to use and feels like i spent a trip in the way-back machine to visit the 1800s or 1900s. suddenly the 4s and iPad screen response is magic again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR