Has MacBook Air 15-inch flopped? Supply chain shipments allegedly stall

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are customers buying other models instead? If so then an argument can be made that it’s a flop. However, if consumers are simply not buying it and not buying other models then I would not call it a flop.

These are difficult financial times and because of it, people are readjusting their priorities.

Reactions: iebock

iebock

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
I think Apple screwed the pooch with the 15" Air. Yes the design is radical, the 13" M2 Air proved that. Heck I am sitting here writing this on a M2 Air. I was psyched for the 15" but why would I buy another M2 laptop. Where they messed up was they should have held off until the M3 comes to market. As the article says, we're half way through he M2 lifecycle as a new product. When I saw it had a M2 in it, the first words out of my mouth were, "I can wait".

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple screwed the pooch with the 15" Air. Yes the design is radical, the 13" M2 Air proved that. Heck I am sitting here writing this on a M2 Air. I was psyched for the 15" but why would I buy another M2 laptop. Where they messed up was they should have held off until the M3 comes to market. As the article says, we're half way through he M2 lifecycle as a new product. When I saw it had a M2 in it, the first words out of my mouth were, "I can wait".

I have an M1 Mac Mini and a work-issued M1 MacBook Pro. Both machines are beasts and are exceptionally fast. When the M2 was introduced, I had no intentions of getting one because there wasn’t a need and the M1 is still awesome.

iebock

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
I have an M1 Mac Mini and a work-issued M1 MacBook Pro. Both machines are beasts and are exceptionally fast. When the M2 was introduced, I had no intentions of getting one because there wasn’t a need and the M1 is still awesome.
I skipped the M1 not because I thought it was bad that's for sure. Heck I put my mom in a M1 Air. I had the last of the Intel 13" Pro's and used it until the M2 hit. I wanted an Air over the Pro to be honest and wanted the M2. What I was really looking for was the chassis redesign of the Air and it didn't disappoint. I was thinking of going to the 15" if it was M3 as my wife needs a new personal laptop and she's decided that a Mac is where she wants to go over Windows. I use my Mac for work everyday vs she only occasionally uses her personal machine and never for work.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I don’t think so. 15 inch m2 is going to be all over college campuses come the fall, and m3 will follow suit in October for everyone else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy