Has it really been taking 6 weeks for AirPods to ship?

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to get myself a pair of Airpods for my birthday, which is March 21st. Has it really been taking 6 weeks to ship them out?

mxcmead

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: 6 weeks really

Well I'm on my 5th week and still says "processing order". So yes, its a real 6 weeks.. Not happy with my purchase right now.

radklin

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site

I'm looking to get myself a pair of Airpods for my birthday, which is March 21st. Has it really been taking 6 weeks to ship them out?
When I put my order in in said 6 weeks. But actually it would have been 51 days. Sign up at www.isinstock.com/ and select airpods you will get them much quicker. I have already purchased a pair for my Wife and myself. I still get alerts everyday who has them. In fact I received one today that AT&T had them. Last night was Verizon.You have to act quick. Save yourself some time and get them that way.

Justin Bradfield

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

I recommend making the order through apple and then going to isinstock.com. They monitor all the places in areas close to you and will send you email notifications when AirPods are in stock I did it and it worked great.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's how I got mine. Ordered through Apple. Signed up for "Isinstock" notifications, received notification and picked it up a week ago, a month before Apple delivery.

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I was able to purchase a set on the Verizon site. I setup a notification with Stockbot and was notified at 7:40am I order them at 11:40am. They must of had a good stock for a while but they are sold out now. I have my tracking number already I get them Monday.

I might keep my apple order and give them away to a friend or sell them.

markwebb

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I was able to purchase a set on the Verizon site. I setup a notification with Stockbot and was notified at 7:40am I order them at 11:40am. They must of had a good stock for a while but they are sold out now. I have my tracking number already I get them Monday.

I might keep my apple order and give them away to a friend or sell them.

Depending on where you live, I placed an order this week and was told 6 weeks shipping time. However if you live close to an Apple Store and I have 3 of them within a 15 to 20 mile radius, keep checking daily for store inventory as I was able to find a pair locally at one of the stores, which I'm picking up today.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Depending on where you live, I placed an order this week and was told 6 weeks shipping time. However if you live close to an Apple Store and I have 3 of them within a 15 to 20 mile radius, keep checking daily for store inventory as I was able to find a pair locally at one of the stores, which I'm picking up today.

Or use one of the services that check for you and email when it changes!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
But sometimes those services are inaccurate or untimely especially if I don't see the notice in time then find out that is already sold out. :)

they're going to be more accurate (as an automated service) than manually checking throughout the day. Just have to be quick either way :) as long as you get some, doesn't matter which way you do it!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Well I'm on my 5th week and still says "processing order". So yes, its a real 6 weeks.. Not happy with my purchase right now.

How can you rationally be unhappy? Were you not aware of the 6 week wait time? They've done a really good job at setting expectations. When ordering they let you know of the wait time.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
they're going to be more accurate (as an automated service) than manually checking throughout the day. Just have to be quick either way :) as long as you get some, doesn't matter which way you do it!

I reverse my stance. I checked Apple Store and they had some at a local store but I had not gotten a notice. Guess set the alerts and check too! ;)

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Now I have a set I purchased when I saw there was some in stock at the Spokane WA store. Now I have an extra set to arrive on Monday. I guess my wife is getting a set

Jonno74

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I apologise if this is a bit of a silly question but looking to order a set set :) will apple charge and take money from me as soon as I hit the confirm order or do they charge you only when they have shipped them ?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I apologise if this is a bit of a silly question but looking to order a set set :) will apple charge and take money from me as soon as I hit the confirm order or do they charge you only when they have shipped them ?

Not a silly question. Charge right before they are ready to ship

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site

Yes! But if your with Verizon or at&t sign up to be notified when they become available.
I did and last week got notified they had limited supply and now I have a pair and I love them. Same day Verizon notified me, I checked apples site and they said may 1st.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I reverse my stance. I checked Apple Store and they had some at a local store but I had not gotten a notice. Guess set the alerts and check too! ;)

I was checking and put my phone down. Less than 5 min later iStockNow said they were available and I ordered right away and picked up a pair

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen