Has anyone with an XS Max had problems with the ringer working sporadically after updating to iOS 13.1?

I

iMore Question

Has anyone with an XS Max had problems with the ringer working sporadically after updating to iOS 13.1?

Since my surprise update to IOS 13.1, my ringer has been having issues working sporadically. If I go a reboot, it will work for a while. Everything is as it should be. I ay have to go back to 13.0. I don't know what's going on. Do not disturb is off, ringer volume is on. and the ringer switch is on. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS 13.1 Update - XS Max Ringer Issues

It’s beta and everyone’s experience with it will be different. That’s just how it is with beta software. With that being said, you can try resetting all settings to see if that helps.

gamo62

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I tried that. Everything worked fine for a shoet while. Reset to 12.4.1, and it worked great. 13.0 worked fine with no ringer issues. But with that sneaky 13.1 update, that was the culprit. I tried downloading the IOS 13 beta 8, but it was no where to be found. And then lo and behold, 13.1. WTH was that all about! I guess I'll wait until Beta 2.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. Yeah, I'm also having issues and trying to be patient while I wait on iOS13.1 Dev Beta 2.

gamo62

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Updated to 13.1 beta 2 today. Rebooted and the ringer worked! For awhile. Now it's back to not working. I have an appointment at Apple tomorrow. I'm hoping that it isn't a hardware issue. It is under warranty until the end of this month. This is odd I will say.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Updated to 13.1 beta 2 today. Rebooted and the ringer worked! For awhile. Now it's back to not working. I have an appointment at Apple tomorrow. I'm hoping that it isn't a hardware issue. It is under warranty until the end of this month. This is odd I will say.

Considering it’s still under warranty they’ll likely perform a factory reset and then replace your iPhone if it keeps happening.
Getting a new iPhone weeks before your warranty is up isn’t a bad thing in my eyes!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Did the ringer issue start with 13.1 beta 2 or has this been happening since you had your iPhone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro