Has Anyone Seen Lightning>30-PIn Adapters In Apple Stores Yet?

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
According to the online Apple store, these adapters (both the little stand-alone version and the one with a cable) show as shipping now (2-3 weeks out though)...was wondering if anyone has yet seen them in any brick and mortar Apple stores yet? I'd love to walk in and grab a couple this weekend.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
According to the online Apple store, these adapters (both the little stand-alone version and the one with a cable) show as shipping now (2-3 weeks out though)...was wondering if anyone has yet seen them in any brick and mortar Apple stores yet? I'd love to walk in and grab a couple this weekend.

I actually contacted a good friend of mine, who works at an Apple retail store, about the Lightning to 30-pin adapter tonight... She said they got one pretty big shipment and that was it - they've been sold out since then... I used to work at Best Buy and know the manager of the Mobile department - he said their shipment was scheduled to be delivered on September 24th and they still haven't shown up yet... I don't know what Apple is doing this time around - I hate to say it, but I'm a little disappointed...

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for them to be stocked. I have 30pin adapter but can't use it with my otterbox case. I have to exchange it for Cable 30 pin version

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a adapter. It sucks. No compatible to use with my cases. Returning it to Apple tomorrow. Had ordered it on preorder day with Apple.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a adapter. It sucks. No compatible to use with my cases. Returning it to Apple tomorrow. Had ordered it on preorder day with Apple.

I was afraid of this. I wish they were able to come out with 3rd party adapters that would work better with cases.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to find cases that are made for docking so I can use the adapter. That's A LOT easier said than done. I'm looking at the Candy Shell Flip or Incipio Edge Pro. The Incase Slider and Otterbox Reflex both, supposedly, scratch the aluminum band around the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

I ordered mine online from Apple as well. My Speck case doesn't appear to be too thick at the bottom, so hopefully it will work. If not, I will be very upset. I got this specifically for my car charger.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine online from Apple as well. My Speck case doesn't appear to be too thick at the bottom, so hopefully it will work. If not, I will be very upset. I got this specifically for my car charger.

I doubt that it's something that can't be corrected with a Dremel tool.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Has Anyone Seen Lightning>30-PIn Adapters In Apple Stores Yet?

I was afraid of this. I wish they were able to come out with 3rd party adapters that would work better with cases.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

What I and you would need is the adapter wire. It's $10 more

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:12 AM ----------

It doesn't work with my Speck Candyshell

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

What I and you would need is the adapter wire. It's $10 more

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:12 AM ----------

It doesn't work with my Speck Candyshell

I'll send it back without opening it. That way I don't have to pay return shipping. Thanks for the heads up!

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

A couple of Apple stores in MA got some today

---------- Post Merged at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:00 PM ----------

A couple of Apple stores in MA got some today

Small_law

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Yes! Just went to one of the Apple stores in Cleveland to get a second lightning cable and they had six or so $30 adapters, many more $40 ones. They seem to be trickling in. I had been checking the Apple Store app and it kept saying it wasn't available. I got the $30 one.

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Yes! Just went to one of the Apple stores in Cleveland to get a second lightning cable and they had six or so $30 adapters, many more $40 ones. They seem to be trickling in. I had been checking the Apple Store app and it kept saying it wasn't available. I got the $30 one.

dougef2

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Stamford CT this evening had a few of the ones with the short cable ($40). Said they hadn't gotten any of the $30 ones with no cable. Also had lots of Lightning to USB cables on the wall rack.

Last edited:

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site

Thanks folks! I just stopped by the Apple Store at Perimeter Mall in Atlanta and they had tons of both the little adapter as well as the adapter with the short cable. Now I can resume charging my new iPhone 5 while piping the music through my car audio system. Too bad I had to pay $39 in order to get that functionality back. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW