Has anyone gone from the iPhone X to an iPhone 8?

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an 8 yesterday and am trying to decide. I can’t quite put my finger on what bugs me about the X but something does. I’m going to take these two weeks to decide if I want to go back to the X or not. I am enjoying the 8 right now for sure.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an 8 yesterday and am trying to decide. I can’t quite put my finger on what bugs me about the X but something does. I’m going to take these two weeks to decide if I want to go back to the X or not. I am enjoying the 8 right now for sure.

I'm the same way. There's just something about the X that I don't like. I can't quite put my finger on it. Best Buy has $150 off on the 256gb iP8+ so I'm thinking about jumping on that and riding that one out for a little bit until I see what Apple puts out later in the year. I never thought I'd actually miss my what seemed to be gigantic iPhone 6s+, but here I am...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
to the OP... I have the 8, 8pius and the X. The keyboard on the 8 and X are similar, you will not have an issue switching. If you decide to go the plus then you will notice a significant difference.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I just did this week. To be fair the X is one beautiful device but my use and workflow didn’t coalesce with it. I need the ability to quickly and effortlessly check my device without leaning over to frame my face perfectly to allow Face ID to unlock. While I’m typing up reports I just want to glance and quickly touch the home button/Touch ID and unlock the device so I can quickly do what I need. That and checking it when in bed is another issue that just didn’t work for me. The unlocking was fine with the face albeit slower when I used it and the keyboard for the size screen wasn’t large due to pushing it up to create a space for the gestures. The notch wasn’t a huge deal breaker but the disjointed left side vs ride side for control panel and notifications was not very smooth. I went with the 8 because I am sick of the size of the Plus series and rather enjoy one handed use with a decent sized screen which the 8 provides. If I found myself using the telephoto lens more often I’d have stuck with the X or Plus but I really don’t and if I need zoom or better results I have my Canon DSLR with a wide array of glass for any occasion.

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I just did this week. To be fair the X is one beautiful device but my use and workflow didn’t coalesce with it. I need the ability to quickly and effortlessly check my device without leaning over to frame my face perfectly to allow Face ID to unlock. While I’m typing up reports I just want to glance and quickly touch the home button/Touch ID and unlock the device so I can quickly do what I need. That and checking it when in bed is another issue that just didn’t work for me. The unlocking was fine with the face albeit slower when I used it and the keyboard for the size screen wasn’t large due to pushing it up to create a space for the gestures. The notch wasn’t a huge deal breaker but the disjointed left side vs ride side for control panel and notifications was not very smooth. I went with the 8 because I am sick of the size of the Plus series and rather enjoy one handed use with a decent sized screen which the 8 provides. If I found myself using the telephoto lens more often I’d have stuck with the X or Plus but I really don’t and if I need zoom or better results I have my Canon DSLR with a wide array of glass for any occasion.

This is exactly why I think apple went in the wrong direction removing touchID. You have to stick your phone in your face to unlock, pay for and do other things the touch sensor did more intuatively. I work with the public, and they are showing me photos of colors they want in their rooms etc and I see faceID misfire way more than the touch sensor on TouchID equipped devices. Swiping closed apps etc is a counter productive way of doing things as well. Hit the home button and it's closed, instead of having to swipe across the screen. These are the resons I will be sticking with iphone 8 devices until they are no longer supported. Hopfully by then Apple has something better than FarceID. If not, and they decide to stay with this current iphone setup, I will be moving to another phone with touch still active.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner