Has anyone found anything at all that is useful in iOS 13.1 ?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS fail ?

I haven't even bothered to install iOS 13.1 yet. Or iPadOS either. Maybe in a couple months when the bugs are worked out.

Or maybe not. Nothing in iPadOS interests me, so I may just stay on 12.4.1. for a while. Everything works fine as it is.

Have you not seen any of the videos highlighting the new functionality of iPadOS? There are a ton of new features!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That doesn't look like desktop. Looks same as mobile, just a bit bigger.
This is desktop I get in the Puffin browser.
e70b017112f549df33ab1602ea0056cb.png

Can you get this on what you showed?
5c8d5411b6aa75183363bd713675117c.jpg

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site

Have you not seen any of the videos highlighting the new functionality of iPadOS? There are a ton of new features!

Yes. As I said, not interested. If I wanted a Mac laptop, I would buy a Mac laptop. I want an iPad.

I would rather install iOS 13 on my iPads instead of iPadOS.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

Well... So I'm really sorry, but you're out of luck here. Or you update to iPadOS or you stay as you are. Or you sell your iPad and buy an Android or Windows tablet, or, maybe, an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Lots of options, but no luck in having iOS 13 in your iPad, unfortunately.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I am on the 8 plus, hope to upgrade at some point. In the meantime, iOS 13 is like having a new phone, without getting a new phone.
So far I am very happy with the software upgrade, especially dark mode on Apple Music.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site

Well... So I'm really sorry, but you're out of luck here. Or you update to iPadOS or you stay as you are. Or you sell your iPad and buy an Android or Windows tablet, or, maybe, an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Lots of options, but no luck in having iOS 13 in your iPad, unfortunately.

I have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones. All are staying on 12.4.1. for now. The iPhones will eventually go to 13.2.3, or whenever all the bugs are worked out. The iPads (a mini 5, a 13" 2018 Pro and an 11" 2018 Pro) may just stay on 12.4.1 permanently.

Android tablets blow (had 2 a couple years ago) and there is no such thing as a Windows 10 tablet. A laptop with a detachable keyboard - running a desktop OS - is not a tablet. Not to mention hot Intel hardware that requires fans.

Windows 10 sucks all around, but is particularly bad as a tablet OS. 8.1 was MUCH better on a tablet. Still have a couple of those.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones. All are staying on 12.4.1. for now. The iPhones will eventually go to 13.2.3, or whenever all the bugs are worked out. The iPads (a mini 5, a 13" 2018 Pro and an 11" 2018 Pro) may just stay on 12.4.1 permanently.

Android tablets blow (had 2 a couple years ago) and there is no such thing as a Windows 10 tablet. A laptop with a detachable keyboard - running a desktop OS - is not a tablet. Not to mention hot Intel hardware that requires fans.

Windows 10 sucks all around, but is particularly bad as a tablet OS. 8.1 was MUCH better on a tablet. Still have a couple of those.

I'm not seeing any bugs in iOS 13.1.1 on my 6s Plus. What bugs do you refer to?

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

Exactly, that’s not what I’m arguing. I’m arguing the tone it’s written in. It’s unnecessarily harsh.

But if his opinion is critical the tone he writes it in is likely to be critical as well ._.

It wouldn’t make sense if I hated Apple (which I don’t, before anybody says otherwise) and ranted about it in a really nice way lol.

Personally I like iPad OS...Dark Mode can be a bit surprising but the new multitasking and widgets on the home screen are great! :)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
iOS fail ?

Personally I like iPad OS...Dark Mode can be a bit surprising but the new multitasking and widgets on the home screen are great! :)

Multitasking on an iPad really isn’t new. In iOS or iPad OS 13, there are a few new abilities.

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Yes. As I said, not interested. If I wanted a Mac laptop, I would buy a Mac laptop. I want an iPad.

I would rather install iOS 13 on my iPads instead of iPadOS.

It's a good thing you can keep the old style look with iPadOS if you don't want the widget bar..

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

What new options are you referring ing to?

Just off the top of my head:

You can open many apps now with multiple instances in side by side windows. (For example, you can have Twitteriffic side by side with itself, with one side showing one time timeline and the other showing a different timeline.)

If you have an app open to the side - in other words, dropped to the side of another app, and not in split screen - you can now swipe along the bottom bar to switch to a different app.

It used to be that an app could only be open in one side by side app session. Now you can have apps open in multiple side by side windows with other apps. (In other words, if you have Safari open with Notes to the side, if you tried to open Notes again, it would only open that instance that was side by side with Safari. Now you can open it as its own fun screen session, side by side with other apps, even side by side with itself.)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Just off the top of my head:

You can open many apps now with multiple instances in side by side windows. (For example, you can have Twitteriffic side by side with itself, with one side showing one time timeline and the other showing a different timeline.)

If you have an app open to the side - in other words, dropped to the side of another app, and not in split screen - you can now swipe along the bottom bar to switch to a different app.

It used to be that an app could only be open in one side by side app session. Now you can have apps open in multiple side by side windows with other apps. (In other words, if you have Safari open with Notes to the side, if you tried to open Notes again, it would only open that instance that was side by side with Safari. Now you can open it as its own fun screen session, side by side with other apps, even side by side with itself.)

Mos def. I need to upgrade my ol’ iPad Mini. My mind is made up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh