Has anyone else noticed a lot of bugs with iOS 13.1.1?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had some people at work approach me saying they are afraid to update their iOS version because they’ve read that iOS 13/13.1/13.1.1 is super buggy.

Then they ask me for my thoughts about it and I tell them this: I am running a beta version of iOS year round on an iPhone that I use as my daily driver. No one can readily explain why some people always tend to have problems with updates and others do not.

If I’m not having any issues and then show you that I’m not by unsuccessfully trying to replicate some of the issues you’ve read about then what does that tell you or what do you expect me to say?

What I’m not going to do is make a blanket statement that iOS x.x is buggy or super buggy. I will simply say that some people are experiencing issues whereas others are not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By the way, being “buggy” does not necessarily equate to being unusable. Take for example the recent Mail app bug in which users sometimes had to swipe twice to delete, archive or move an email message instead of having to swipe once. Was it an inconvenience? To some people, sure, but not to others. They simply swiped twice and went about their business.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
By the way, being “buggy” does not necessarily equate to being unusable. Take for example the recent Mail app bug in which users sometimes had to swipe twice to delete, archive or move an email message instead of having to swipe once. Was it an inconvenience? To some people, sure, but not to others. They simply swiped twice and went about their business.

That is an excellent point and one worth remembering. My husband mentioned today that he had an issue with reading some sort of document. He said that he would hear a click and then all the sudden a passage in the document would just randomly become highlighted in yellow. He didn’t know if it was him fat fingering something or if it was a bug.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
We had issues getting my Daughter’s phone to update to 13.1.1. Took 5-6 tries before it finally let us.

We also can’t get Keychain working on her phone. It won’t turn on at all. You hit the switch, it spins then goes back to off. Never turns green. I’ve googled the heck out of it and tried every suggestion. No joy.

I’m still getting a little bit of shutter lag on the camera on mine.

No new Screen Time options on anyone’s phones. I’m assuming maybe it was pushed back but can’t seem to find an answer to that.

Other than those, things seem fairly smooth. Loving the Pro Max and can’t see myself ever going back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
11 pro. 13.1 made it a little better, but still having lots of issues with apps, resprings, force closes. Never had these on IOS12.

I'm not experiencing any of these issues. Maybe a new install might be necessary. My Pro Max is running as smooth as a Baby's Bottom. I'm currently running the official iOS 13.1.2

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
11 pro. 13.1 made it a little better, but still having lots of issues with apps, resprings, force closes. Never had these on IOS12.

I haven't had any resprings or force closes on my 6s Plus since iOS 13. I'm on 13.1.2, and it's been great. Most of my apps have updated for iOS 13.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am running beta on my 11 and by far one of the worse OS apple has ever released. Very choppy and screens freeze a lot. Apple needs to fix these problems soon.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there were problems for me with 13:1:1 some seem to have gone away with 13:1:2 one thing remains, that I notice and that is the screen freezing, which happens fairly often, sometimes badly enough for me to have to stop and close everything and then hard re-set.
I use a gen 5 iPad and an XS, and never had any trouble with iOS 12 or it’s updates.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Enabling "Share iPhone & Watch Analytics" in Settings\Privacy is a good way to help ensure that Apple receives reports about iOS, WatchOS, or app level problems. Screen freezes have also happened with iOS 13, and 13.1.1 on my iPhone 8+. Am monitoring for the same, or other similar behaviors reported above now that 13.1.2 is installed.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Enabling "Share iPhone & Watch Analytics" in Settings\Privacy is a good way to help ensure that Apple receives reports about iOS, WatchOS, or app level problems. Screen freezes have also happened with iOS 13, and 13.1.1 on my iPhone 8+. Am monitoring for the same, or other similar behaviors reported above now that 13.1.2 is installed.

I am sympathetic to the idea, but do not wish to give my over-stretched batteries any more to do ! I have had this feature turned off since I have had an IPhone.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I def have noticed a lot of bugs with iOS 13.1.1,

1 Lock screen freezes sometimes
2 Mail app with no alerts on emails sometimes
3 Mail app when closing and reopening it wont open back where you left off
4 Apps freeze occassionally

Hardware- I have noticed that when the screen is on the lowest brightness it has a yellow tint to it. Night shift off and tru tone off.

Anyone have these issues.

1-4 quite often for me... it’s buggy

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox