Has anyone dropped their iPhone X?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That picture of the cracked phone made me hold my phone tight and give it a little kiss. That poor poor phone! Lol.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I did drop mine about a month ago at the grocery store while trying to check off something in Wunderlist. At first I didn't think anything of it, mid-chest or so drop (roughly 4 feet I'm 5'11"). I'm not sure what it landed on initially but then it went skidding face down across the sealed concrete floor a few feet. Then I remembered "oh, it's in a Spigen Liquid Air because I don't normally drop my phone and I wanted a minimal case" Oops, well it actually survived totally intact. The Liquid Air IS rated for milspec drops but milspec is actually a sheet of plywood on top of concrete (people don't realize that unless they read up on it they just hear "4 foot drop"). So I was definitely worried about it dropping onto straight up concrete. The glass on both sides was intact and no damage (scrapes or dents) to the stainless band. I can't even tell on the case where it landed (I suspect it landed face down then skidded).

I think a lot of the damage potential depends on how and what the phone lands on. Everything Apple Pro did some drop tests back in October in a parking garage and from waist height the X actually survived multiple drop angles intact and he had to drop it from head+ height to cause real damage. However some other channels dropping on different materials didn't fare as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77