Hard case for 13" MacBook Pro

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys recommend? I have an iGlaze and while it is good it has some serious flaws. It cracked at the edges within a week of getting and it covers one of the two mics. Incase doesn't make one yet. I have looked at the Speck and it seems okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys recommend? I have an iGlaze and while it is good it has some serious flaws. It cracked at the edges within a week of getting and it covers one of the two mics. Incase doesn't make one yet. I have looked at the Speck and it seems okay.

I've had Speck covers on my MBP and loved them. Would not have a MBP without one.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there a model name for the MBP Speck case? Or is it the only hard case they make? I bought a cheapy hard shell that is in two parts from Amazon for my 2012 13", and it works pretty good, but I'd like to scope out this Speck case you're all speaking of. Thanks!

Nurnberg77

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a model name for the MBP Speck case? Or is it the only hard case they make? I bought a cheapy hard shell that is in two parts from Amazon for my 2012 13", and it works pretty good, but I'd like to scope out this Speck case you're all speaking of. Thanks!

Regrettably, I do not know the Speck product/model number. I just did a search on amazon and picked it out

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Eastbayrae thank you! Looks identical to the one I'm using. Question for you all: do you find the MBP runs a bit hotter with the case on? While upgrading to Mavericks the other night, the darn thing got so warm I could barely stand it on my..you guessed it..lap. I worry it's not getting the ventilation it needs.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I work in exceptionally dusty environment and just the thing sitting on my desk it has a fine film of dust on it within 2 hours of being at work. Add to that the fact I travel a lot with the military and my stuff needs to be somewhat durable, not Toughbook durable but close.

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I use a case because..well..because I would hate to see the thing get scratched. Sort of silly as it never leaves the house, but I worry about scratching it even by putting it in and taking it out of the briefcase it is stored in. Same way with my iPhone and iPad..cases immediately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh