Haptic Touch Flashlight issue

adamscabana

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
Has anybody had an issue with the Haptic touch flashlight on the lock screen?

My wife will have her flashlight turn on in her purse. I can't imagine there is something pushing on it. When it is in her purse it is on top of everything else. But I suppose it could happen.

When it is in her jacket pocket there is nothing else in there...so that is a mystery.

It would be nice if there was a way to change the sensitivity or disable this on the lock screen.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Not having an issue over here. You can change the sensitivity in Settings > Accessibility > 3D Touch, and moving the 3D Touch Sensitivity slider.

adamscabana

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
It appears that on the iPhone XR lock screen, Haptic Touch doesn’t allow for adjustable flashlight brightness, just on or off. From the control panel, you can adjust the flashlight brightness.

Thanks. I'm not trying to adjust the brightness, but the haptic touch. Either disable or change the length of time it takes to turn on (or something similar).

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Not at all. I just tried the flashlight and it immediately opened and immediately closed when I pressed it both times. No issue with the camera, either, although I've accidentally opened it from the lockscreen twice now!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not trying to adjust the brightness, but the haptic touch. Either disable or change the length of time it takes to turn on (or something similar).

I understand now. Sorry for my confusion. I haven’t experienced this problem, though you can turn off Tap to Wake from accessibility settings to prevent the screen from waking when bumped or touched in error. Raise to wake will still work though just fine.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh