Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

• Total voters

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPad mini. I got a 16gb black for xmas and 2 days after the case I got for it broke and my iPad mini landed face down on the concrete smashing the entire front. Luckily Apple Genius was really nice and swapped it out which i was stoked about. Sadly I had planned on swapping it out for a 32gb model as 16gb is just not enough space for my needs. Because they swapped it out it means I can't return to get a bigger model which is understandable.

Luckily I won an Anostyle 16gb red iPad mini here on iMore which I will receive soon so essentially I now have a 32gb iPad mini across 2 devices. One for games and one for productivity... I love it when things come together lol

My iPad 2 still gets used alot for my writing as it's permanently in a keyboard case so it's now my laptop on the go. Looking forward to a new iPad maxi refresh so I can finally update to retina and give my iPad 2 to a family member :)

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Extremely happy. Only thing is since I have an iphone 5 I can feel the speed difference and its really annoying. I hope apple makes the ipad mini the defacto ipad with the best speed with the next gen

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Complete happiness and content with my White 64 gb iPad Mini. Had the black but too much of a fingerprint magnet. Plus, already have a black 32 gb 4S, so i figured why not change it up. So much more easier to carry around.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Adore my mini. It has replaced my iPad 3 and my Kindle Paperwhite. This thing is the perfect size. Along with my gray Smart Cover and Caudabe mini shell back cover, I take this thing everywhere with me. Best purchase I've made in a while.....since the iPhone 5, that is. lol

moshe5368

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, to answer that question, let me say I have been a webOS and Android fan for a long time. I bashed apple all the time but finally decided to see what all the fuss was about when the mini was announced . I purchased a white 16 gb unit and played with it for about a month. By then, there was no turning back. I am officially in love with the mini. I sold my Asus transformer tf300 and bought another mini (32 gb) in black. My wife got the 16 and we are both well pleased with the quality and performance of the minis. I plan to purchase the gen2 mini when it comes out. Android has become too buggy and slow with the recent updates. As an old software engineer, we used to say that any good operating system could be destroyed with enough enhancements and android proves that point.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually had bought a MacBook Pro on Craigslist for 600 dollars late 2011 model ended up selling it again after like a week for 800 and instead bought 2 ipad mini's one for me and one for my fianc?. Best investment in a while. We both have tablets now and we don't have to fight over the computer :) I love these things, only had them for like 4 or 5 days but I'm in love. Even went shopping at big lots for a slip on case for it when I travel. Only 5 dollars! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1364650537.388508.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1364650559.952623.jpg

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
You know I think the ipad mini is a awesome device, but after having a iPhone 5 ,ipad 4 and MacBook Pro retina I bought a mini about three months ago and just couldn't adjust to the screen being all other of my apple products are retina so gave it to my son, I still liked and wanted one so bought a second one a 64gb verizon and kept for almost 14 days and returned it I just cannot adjust to the screen and as I got further in infinity blade 2 I started getting some lag also in real racing they both play way smoother on my 4 so I love the mini but I cannot own one till they refresh it this year with a better resolution and insides ,I've been waiting for this size for a while like others and wish they would have released a better spec and screen to begin with,because people who do own it now will not love it when the 2 comes out if and when.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got a mini and my fianc? just got an ipad 4. The form factor and weight of the mini is so much bettern in my opinion that the screen resolution doesn't bother me. That being said she's a preschool teacher and much prefers the 4's screen size and resolution for educational apps for school. Also the mini doesn't appear to be any worse because of the amount of ram and processor.

bbqsanchez

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
We bought out Ipad mini for Christmas unfortunately we had to return it two days later because the battery was defective, thank god apple gave a brand new one. Since then it's has being such a great device that I would recommend it a thousand times over. We have it in black. So far the only thing I would change and I will when the next generation comes out is the display. Retina display would make it such a beast lol

TRoss

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Mini and used it for two weeks and then switched it for an iPad 4 for another two weeks to make up my mind. When I switched to the 4 I couldn't get used to how big and bulky it was. Sure the screen was better, but for me it was the ease of use that I missed from the Mini. I've switched back now and we'll see if I miss the extra screen real estate when doing work on it or not, but I can only tell the difference between the screens if I try really hard to convince myself that the Mini's is worse.

My biggest complaint: some touch targets are too small to hit easily. For instance, the x for clearing thensearch field in the App Store is impossible to hit, even with a stylus ... perhaps even for someone who used to bullseye womprats in his T-16 back home.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You know I think the ipad mini is a awesome device, but after having a iPhone 5 ,ipad 4 and MacBook Pro retina I bought a mini about three months ago and just couldn't adjust to the screen being all other of my apple products are retina so gave it to my son, I still liked and wanted one so bought a second one a 64gb verizon and kept for almost 14 days and returned it I just cannot adjust to the screen and as I got further in infinity blade 2 I started getting some lag also in real racing they both play way smoother on my 4 so I love the mini but I cannot own one till they refresh it this year with a better resolution and insides ,I've been waiting for this size for a while like others and wish they would have released a better spec and screen to begin with,because people who do own it now will not love it when the 2 comes out if and when.

You're right! I bought a Mini last night (I have an iPhone 5 and iPad 2) -- using it now and the screen is so bad I can't even see the punctuation in your post. Taking this thing back! ;-)

I really like the size and weight -- compared to the iPad 2 it is a lot easier to carry and I find I can hold it and type with my thumbs like on the iPhone! :)

anon(4021844)

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought one last week. Initially, I was a bit concerned that it did not have the retina display. I thought that it would make reading slightly difficult (that's my primary purpose for getting an ipad: to read journal articles). However, after using it for a very short while, I got used to the display and I found myself actually enjoying using it for reading. I also think that the size and weight of the mini is just nice. In fact, I think, I have been using the ipad mini for reading and other activities more compared to my BB PlayBook and the ipad 3 (when I had it for a while -- but that is another story).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We bought my wife one (I sold my iPad 2 about a month ago because i wanted to upgrade) and she has been quite happy with it...she said it's a much nicer experience with the size and the portability of it, it more easily fits in all of her bags and it's not as cumbersome on planes (given the restrictive seat area you get many times) and she can fit it on her desk and watch movies and stuff while working on her iMac and it's not too big to where it gets in the way.

After getting it for her, I'm heavily considering getting one myself, but may wait until later this year to see what kind of gizmos they slap on the new one (if there is a new one).

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay,have to be honest,first off I'm typing this on my new 32gb iPad mini with vzw for cellular, I bought a mini about a week ago after giving my 4th gen to my high school daughter for school reasons among others and after only two days I returned it and got myself a iPad 4th gen well kept it about a week the whole time feeling like I lost out ,now I'm carrying around this iPad that is as heavy as my MacBook ,well about! Anyways I gave in and forgot about retina, and processor and so on and went for what was just plain out more usable and portable and just feels right and that is the mini! Plus loving the lte, but when and if a new full size iPad comes out with a thinner casing and bezel more mini like I will own it! Also when the mini retina comes,if it comes I will sell or hand this down and own that to,but all in all the mini is such a great form factor and iPad if you don't get wrapped up in the screen and processor and just use it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

omgzombiess

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Bought my Mini last Saturday and I'd say I'm 94% happy with my iPad Mini!! Only complaint (I know I'm not the only one) is the screen. I was hoping it was a little clearer... but honestly it's not that big of a deal to me. I absolutely LOVE my Mini as it's wonderful to toss in my purse and go whereas my iPad 3 is heavy. I usually have to take things out to accommodate it's size. I debated on selling my iPad 3 since buying the Mini but haven't decided completely. I love both devices equally!! I love the clear screen on the iPad and it's wonderful to watch my Hulu or Netflix on and love the portability with the Mini. So we'll see!! I may end up keeping both :p

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been very happy with the Mini screen. Got the Media Devil crystal clear screen cover and it's great. Would retina be better? Probably ... but I'm content with it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner