Happy 5th Anniversary iPhone

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, 5 years. :) I can't remember where/what i was doing but I do remember at the time my nephews gf had gotten one and was showing it off. I was like wow that's just an awesome phone, too bad VzW doesn't have it !! I always said I wanted an iPhone and when VzW finally got them, I was on board when I was able to upgrade:)

Thanks to SJ, look how far the iPhone has come, may he rest in peace.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I was still partying hard in my college days hahaha!!! I had a flip phone I think through VZW

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I thought it was an absolute joke. I was on Cingular/AT&T with some type of Samsung Flip phone, and it was a good phone. You have to remember that in 2005-07, the PDA market was starting to stall out and the big talk back then was "city-wide WiFi". I still didn't have an appreciation for what cellular data plans would become. Moreover, if you told me that average consumers would willfully pay $30 a MONTH just to get a bastardized version of the web on their phone (again, like there was on PDA's and BlackBerry), I'd have thought you were nuts.

Little did I know that Apple would popularize an entire new market of "must-have" products. They just have a talent for taking technology that isn't exactly revolutionary or cutting edge, but simple and attractive enough for the masses to use.

I'm a 30-year old attorney, and like many people my age, I'm fairly well versed in computers, etc. Nothing brings home the brilliance of Apple for me better than seeing 40, 50, and 60-something men and women pull out their iPhones with pride because it make them feel like they're a "techie" just to talk about it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I still had a flip, the KRZR lol and that was a high dollar phone in late 2006 lol

lol. i was swaggin with the verizon chocolate(2?) phone in the maroon color !! i eventually moved on to the aqua color one and then i jumped to my first bb - the pink curve 8330:) man, i really loved that phone;)

ahhhh.....those were the days, lol.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i believe i had this puppy around that time..

Curve.jpg

thought i would never leave RIM. thank god (if there is one) that i did

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I thought it was an absolute joke. I was on Cingular/AT&T with some type of Samsung Flip phone, and it was a good phone. You have to remember that in 2005-07, the PDA market was starting to stall out and the big talk back then was "city-wide WiFi". I still didn't have an appreciation for what cellular data plans would become. Moreover, if you told me that average consumers would willfully pay $30 a MONTH just to get a bastardized version of the web on their phone (again, like there was on PDA's and BlackBerry), I'd have thought you were nuts.

Little did I know that Apple would popularize an entire new market of "must-have" products. They just have a talent for taking technology that isn't exactly revolutionary or cutting edge, but simple and attractive enough for the masses to use.

I'm a 30-year old attorney, and like many people my age, I'm fairly well versed in computers, etc. Nothing brings home the brilliance of Apple for me better than seeing 40, 50, and 60-something men and women pull out their iPhones with pride because it make them feel like they're a "techie" just to talk about it.

I have to admit that I thought the same thing sorta, I remember sitting at my folks seeing the commercial on tv and I was like an iPod thats a phone lol what will they think of next

Guess I ate those words, I bought one a few months later

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit that I thought the same thing sorta, I remember sitting at my folks seeing the commercial on tv and I was like an iPod thats a phone lol what will they think of next

Guess I ate those words, I bought one a few months later

LOL!

I had some horrible Nokia thing my ex had gotten us both from AT&T back then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods