Hanging iPad onto rear of car seat

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
been looking at a device that will allow a ipad to be attached to the rear of the pasenger seat of a car... so that the todler can view cartoons from the iPad

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine have outgrown that stage but it's a great idea. My son asked for an iPad for his eighth birthday...8! I'm still on the fence about whether or not to get one. One thing is certain if I do that thing will be in an otterbox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
been looking at a device that will allow a ipad to be attached to the rear of the pasenger seat of a car... so that the todler can view cartoons from the iPad

I don't know if you found any that you like yet? In addition to the one I posted above, I saw this one on Amazon. I haven't tried this one, but it looks like a nice mount. Amazon.com: Headrest Ipad Car Mnt Turns Into Rear Seat Entertainment Sys: Electronics

Let us know if you find one you like and what your thoughts are on it. :)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

Check this Otterbox Case out. The only other thing I would add is figure out a way to hook up headphones to it. It will keep you less distracted while you drive and there is nothing like hearing the laughter of your kids coming from the back seat! I had three toddlers at once. Cartoons are priceless on long trips!

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'll put my reply a bit nicer seeing it's been deleted twice.

I work for the motorways agency and I've seen the results of hanging screens on the back of headrests.
Believe me, a seven year old girls face buried into it after an accident is not a nice sight. "luckily" she didn't survive to see it in a mirror.
It's a stupid idea but if you want to risk your kids life nothing I say will change your mind.
Regards
Cheggy the troll xx

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

I work for the motorways agency and I've seen the results of hanging screens on the back of headrests.
Believe me, a seven year old girls face buried into it after an accident is not a nice sight. "luckily" she didn't survive to see it in a mirror.
It's a stupid idea but if you want to risk your kids life nothing I say will change your mind.
Regards
Cheggy the troll xx

Now you are learning... (though I don't believe that 7 year old was "lucky".)

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Regards
Cheggy the troll xx

While I see your point I was among many moms who used portable DVDs in the car. Four years ago there was no iPad but I always had something playing to entertain my son.

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Like I say, nothing I say will change anyone's mind because accidents always happen to somebody else.
I can only try

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Like I say, nothing I say will change anyone's mind because accidents always happen to somebody else.
I can only try

I just never considered what could happen in an accident and having a DVD player behind the seat. I am glad that I don't have to worry about that anymore lol!

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You'd be surprised at some of the things we see, I've seen a satnav mount (the ones with a ball on) embedded in an eye socket when an old bloke got rear ended. He was stationary apparently and not to blame in any way. The mount was on his windscreen directly infront of him

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I can only try

I don't think that it is a matter of "accidents happening to someone else" but rather when accidents happens there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If someone is in an accident that is violent enough to throw them into the seat in front of them, I don't think the fact that an iPad was (or was not) on the back of the head rest when they hit the head rest would have much impact on their survival of that force. Just MVHO.

I do not do what you do for a living but I do drive a LOT in my job so I have see some very violent wrecks. I am also in Construction, so I have seen some horrific accidents! (I will NOT go into detail. Let's just say gruesome). But they were all accidents. I agree that with smart precautions, accidents can be lessened...sometimes. With small children you can be too cautious either.

I know in my situation, we are fortunate enough to have a vehicle that has the drop down screen from the overhead for the DVD player. I personally think that this is the greatest invention put in a car since. Again just MVHO.:D

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If someone is in an accident that is violent enough to throw them into the seat in front of them, I don't think the fact that an iPad was (or was not) on the back of the head rest when they hit the head rest would have much impact on their survival of that force. Just MVHO.

I do not do what you do for a living but I do drive a LOT in my job so I have see some very violent wrecks. I am also in Construction, so I have seen some horrific accidents! (I will NOT go into detail. Let's just say gruesome). But they were all accidents. I agree that with smart precautions, accidents can be lessened...sometimes. With small children you can be too cautious either.

I know in my situation, we are fortunate enough to have a vehicle that has the drop down screen from the overhead for the DVD player. I personally think that this is the greatest invention put in a car since. Again just MVHO.:D

Agreed these are the safest options due to the fact the would collapse on impact with a body. The only downside is when it's mounted at the front where the driver is able to view it while driving.

In the case of survival, which would be better... Hitting a leather/fabric foam packed surface or faceplanting a glass screen?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
We all see what you're trying to get at here chuggy, but honestly almost anything with weight, glass, or any other dangerous material can be a dangerous thing in a car. Yet a large multitude of people drive with them in their car.

Also a child being able to hit the back of a headrest is amazing. Unless she wasn't wearing her seatbelt.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Agreed these are the safest options due to the fact the would collapse on impact with a body. The only downside is when it's mounted at the front where the driver is able to view it while driving.

I never advocate one that was visible by the driver! That IS asking for a wreck. WAY TOO Many distraction in a car for that! Besides you can't even see it from the back seat. I have seen people with that set up watching TV while driving though. I think you Moron!! Tha's when you either speed up to get waaaay around them or slow down and let them get ahead so that you are not part of the forth-coming wreck!;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit