Hands up if you skipped The IPhone 5 upgrade?

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The 4s seemed like a great, solid device that has been put through it's paces. The 5 seemed like a slightly better screen, a little bigger but the 4s in a nicer package. So I saved the $200 I would have spent to pay fo rthe first month of my new contract, with hopes for a 5S or the 6.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Again I skipped cause I got my 4s in June. Not even sure if I will get what's coming next. Had the Original I skipped the 3G got the 3Gs and then did a 2 year bit with BB and Android.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
4s is solid .. I have a 5 but honestly I kinda miss the smaller screen what I don't miss is the weight or thickness of the 4s I wouldn't mind a thin light version with a small screen lol maybe a iPhone 5 mini lol

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I skipped gonna wait and see what the next iPhone have. iPhone 6?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand why someone would skip the upgrade if it was within their means to get it... I currently have the Ip4 and will be switching as soon as i get the $$ to go to At&t. As for those who fear about losing unlimited data its going to happen eventually and even if by some miracle it does not you still get throttled....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand why someone would skip the upgrade if it was within their means to get it... I currently have the Ip4 and will be switching as soon as i get the $$ to go to At&t. As for those who fear about losing unlimited data its going to happen eventually and even if by some miracle it does not you still get throttled....

Believe it or not, but not every current iPhone owner with an available upgrade view the iPhone 5 as a must-have device. Of course, that does not mean that it is not. The specs speak for themselves, but specs alone are not enough. We witnessed that when the 4S was released.

Last edited:

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

My iPhone 4 got throttled at 3GB on my unlimited plan.... AT&T told us that an upgrade to iPhone 5 would get us throttled at 5GB on unlimited plan... so I upgraded. I average 3GB... so that's great... I'm locked in on contract for unlimited for 2 more years... Win Win situation...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I will never go back to a Blackberry

You and me both. I can't deal with sub par phones with no apps and a half baked OS on two year old hardware.

The question really is... who skipped it that has their line available for upgrade? Many are skipping because they don't.

I have an upgrade but I'm not using it. I bought my Storm2 on contract and dumped it after paying retail for my 4s. I lasted maybe five months on that phone.

Verizon is hounding me something fierce to upgrade but I don't want to pay full price for a phone or lose my unlimited data. Verizon will probably take it away from us at some point in time in the near future without giving us a choice to keep it and when that happens, I'll upgrade.

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of getting one. I am not sure what to do. I like my 4s and I might just wait until the next one comes out.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still rocking the iPhone 4. Skipped the 4S so I will probably upgrade to 5 when my contract renews. It's better to skip a generation each time I say, based on 2 year contracts and the fact that Apple's upgrades are incremental. The only downside is that some of the 3D games don't run so well in the second year.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I did not and have an upgrade available, as it is a nice phone but I think it's time for something different for me. Most phones coming out way more than most use including myself but still like messing with stuff. Plus I give my son mine and if I don't like what I pick up I just change back..lol

Fantastic_Mr_F

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a bb9900 lost it and fought my insurance to enter the I world. Iphone5 is only in South Africa early December opted for the 4s I must say I don't what everybody is doing buying blackberry. I've been crying model after model of memory bleed and now I'm fancying around with apple sh*t all over my house

Looks good and work 150%

RIM is in the toilet and there's no need to keep up with a ty service provider

Happy I newbie

F

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I had a bb9900 lost it and fought my insurance to enter the I world. Iphone5 is only in South Africa early December opted for the 4s I must say I don't what everybody is doing buying blackberry. I've been crying model after model of memory bleed and now I'm fancying around with apple sh*t all over my house

Looks good and work 150%

RIM is in the toilet and there's no need to keep up with a ty service provider

Happy I newbie

F

I feel ya. I also came from the 9900. Welcome to iMore, and to the Apple goodness.

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
We miss you on the BBM group you know! :p

From your signature though, I don't think I'll be seeing you there anytime soon. o.0

Diego, my friend. I miss talking to the guys on the BBM Group.... if only that option was on the PB!!!!! (It should have been in the first place, but I digress...) I really, REALLY love the iPhone. Trust me, it's not a toy. I business power use this thing, and it is everything my 9900 was (minus physical keyboard but I am good with it now). I still lurk the forums, but miss the group. Say my hello's and maybe when RIM decides to enable BBM on the PB we can hook back up there.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Some people are saying that the 4S feels dated after holding the iPhone 5. In my opinion I like both Both phones a lot but I prefer the weight and glass feel over the iPhone 5 any day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.