fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have the iPad mini 5, handoff won't work between my iPhone & iPad until I turn on the feature (suggested & recent apps on the dock) after this is turned on handoff works perfectly. After I use handoff once I can shut off suggested & recent apps & handoff still works. My point is if I don't flip suggested & recent apps on at all handoff won't start working. IOS 13.3.1
I also have the iPad mini 2, handoff works perfectly. The iPad mini 2 only went to IOS 12 so there's no suggested & recent apps feature.
Is this normal that I have to get the iPad mini 5 to activate handoff feature by using the suggested & recent apps feature then I can shut it off ??
Any and all help is welcomed, driving me crazy.
Thank You, Vinny

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have the iPad mini 5, handoff won't work between my iPhone & iPad until I turn on the feature (suggested & recent apps on the dock) after this is turned on handoff works perfectly. After I use handoff once I can shut off suggested & recent apps & handoff still works. My point is if I don't flip suggested & recent apps on at all handoff won't start working. IOS 13.3.1
I also have the iPad mini 2, handoff works perfectly. The iPad mini 2 only went to IOS 12 so there's no suggested & recent apps feature.
Is this normal that I have to get the iPad mini 5 to activate handoff feature by using the suggested & recent apps feature then I can shut it off ??
Any and all help is welcomed, driving me crazy.
Thank You, Vinny

I doubt it’s normal because handoff can be enabled and disabled. It doesn’t make sense to have a disabled option and not have it actually disable. Have you submitted feedback to Apple about it? If not, please do so. Thanks.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it’s normal because handoff can be enabled and disabled. It doesn’t make sense to have a disabled option and not have it actually disable. Have you submitted feedback to Apple about it? If not, please do so. Thanks.
Thanks, not yet. Doing that today. Thanks for the feedback.
Vinny