Had to come back...

anon(9179520)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I loved my iPhone 6+ but found myself going back to my HTC One M8, for only one reason - Do Not Disturb that integrates with Calendar events. I go in and out of meetings all day, and need something that would switch on/off the ringer automatically.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I loved my iPhone 6+ but found myself going back to my HTC One M8, for only one reason - Do Not Disturb that integrates with Calendar events. I go in and out of meetings all day, and need something that would switch on/off the ringer automatically.

Very nice, and I am glad you've discovered that the HTC One M8 is the best choice for your needs...:)

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

That's a pretty cool feature. I think both os's have their unique features that set them apart and makes it hard for us switchers to stay put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I find that the screen of the iPhone 6 Plus creates a more true to life color than any of the AMOLED screens that Samsung has. It's very well known that Samsung AMOLED screens have over-saturated colors.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I can't stand looking at Samsung's screens. I used to think it was just AMOLED, but I think now that it's just the way Samsung configures them. Some other ones (I can't recall which, other than the BB Q10) that I've looked at don't give me the same stab your eyes out with color feeling.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I can't stand looking at Samsung's screens. I used to think it was just AMOLED, but I think now that it's just the way Samsung configures them. Some other ones (I can't recall which, other than the BB Q10) that I've looked at don't give me the same stab your eyes out with color feeling.

The new one on the Note 4 is amazing imo but I'm a fan of them to begin with. Samsung uses them , HTC has in the past but been using LCD for a while now in their phones , Motorola has been using them in their flagships recently like Moto X series and nexus 6, and LG uses them in the Lg flex and flex 2 whatever P-AMOLED is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I find that the screen of the iPhone 6 Plus creates a more true to life color than any of the AMOLED screens that Samsung has. It's very well known that Samsung AMOLED screens have over-saturated colors.

Not really with the Note 4 and I assume with the S6. Not that oversaturated in the past and you can change it if it is. That being said and my preference of AMOLED the Screen Apple chose for their phones is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BB_Junky

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Recently switched back my self from the Note 4 to the 6+ , can't wait to do some comparisons ....battery life especially.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I've had the iPhone 6 for a week now and the battery life is much better than my note 4. I still go throw it super quick because I just can't put my phone down but that's my problem.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Welcome home! I recently found my way back to the iPhone after using BlackBerry devices for the past couple years. I'm wondering why I ever left.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I've had the iPhone 6 for a week now and the battery life is much better than my note 4. I still go throw it super quick because I just can't put my phone down but that's my problem.

Idk when I didn't have battery drain issues with it being awake the battery life was great in the note 4. But that's the thing when I didn't have issues ...