Habit of closing apps

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
how many people swipe up to close their apps? I know it’s easier on the battery but I find it a habit of force closing my apps

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
It’s not a good idea to close Apps unless they are causing problems. They need system resources to restart again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I usually don't. There are times when I will close an App that I rarely use, but that's the only time. This is "learned behavior", but I have discovered that it's awfully nice to scroll through Apps via the App Switcher to find something I was looking at, like a grocery list, a recipe, or something on Amazon. I have an Amazon addiction, don't ya know? :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
how many people swipe up to close their apps? I know it’s easier on the battery but I find it a habit of force closing my apps

I am one who closes out my apps typically before I go to bed, and occasionally beforehand. I’ve been doing it for ions. If I need to re-open it, it only takes a second.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As for my iPhone’s battery life over the years, I can say with all honesty that it has been quite stellar. I’ve never had to replace my battery EVER!

Therefore, technically speaking, closing apps “could” degrade battery life/performance, but it doesn’t mean it “will”. Closing an app and reopen Inc it could take longer, but how much longer? A millisecond?

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
I used to close apps all the time starting with my Blackberry and Android days. When I came over to the iPhone I continued that practice until I did some reading and learned it wasn’t necessarily a recommended practice. I only close one now when there’s an issue with the particular app.

That said I fully understand those that do and know that one way or the other it likely doesn’t make much of a difference.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don’t force quit apps unless they are misbehaving or I want to be sure they are not running in the background (e.g.: Facebook – not that I have it installed, but it would be one).

I avoid quitting them to avoid corrupting their data in case they are trying to write to an internal database at termination time.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to close apps too often, now I only do it when I need to refresh due to weird behavior. If I had anything owned by Face….Meta….I would always force close those after using them because of their high battery drain.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I habitually close all apps, at least once a day, basically for battery saving reasons. Anyway an app that’s not running, should not be doing anything I don’t want it to ! Extra power use on restarting an app ? I do it when plugged in mostly. Switching apps off does not save power ? Well I proved to my own satisfaction that that is not true long ago. Listening to tech companies is like believing your car manufacturers fuel consumption figures ! interesting but unlikely !!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I prefer all my most used apps open and I only close the lot when I am updating the OS and always close Apple Maps and Music after use

I like to be able to return to the exact place I stopped during a work flow or email PDF presentation and or iMovie project I’m working on

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I would ! a lot of people have noticed that Facebook is a major culprit in battery power loss. If you must have it,close it when you have finished with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW