[GUIDE]How to Change Your 3rd Party Email to an Apple Domain

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok as for myself, I've been spoiled to have had my @mac email address for over 10 years. I obtained my domain when Apple charged $99 for .mac users. Lol so technically I paid for my email address. Years later after .mac we moved onto @me and now iCloud. But I still love the exclusivity... it kinda shows how long I've been with Apple. But all that aside :)
If you've had the misfortune of creating your Apple ID with other 3rd party email accounts such as Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail you're now in luck.
Apple revealed on 10/31 that users may now change their Apple ID from 3rd party accounts to Apple domains @iCloud, @me and the popular @mac. You can also change your Apple domain accounts as well.

More information can be found on the Apple Support Site
courtesy of: 9to5Mac

Change an Apple ID that ends with @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com

You can only change your email address to another @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email. Use these steps on your Apple ID account page:

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID. Then you get a list of emails to choose from that you can use as your Apple ID. The list contains additional emails address already associated with your account.
  4. Choose the one that you want to use as your Apple ID. You can only change your Apple ID to an @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email.
  5. Click Continue.

divider.png

If your Apple ID is a third-party email address

Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.
When you change your Apple ID, you can enter another third-party email address or an @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address.
Use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
  2. Next to Reachable At, tap Edit, then delete your current Apple ID.
  3. Tap Continue. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  4. Tap Next.

Use your Apple ID account page

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID.
  4. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  5. Click Continue.
If you enter a new Apple ID that ends with @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you see a message to confirm. When you change your Apple ID to an @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com account, you can't change it back to a third-party email account. Your former Apple ID that ends with a third-party email, becomes an additional email address for your Apple ID account.

Verify your new email

If you change your Apple ID to another third-party email address, you need to verify your account.
After you enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that address. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

Sign back in

Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.
After you change your Apple ID, you need to use your new sign-in information with all Apple services that you use.
More information can be found on Apple's Support Site.

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2