GSM faceplate/backplate on CDMA version

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
After testing the phone with the metal back, I have been able to confirm a very slight decrease in reception. Didn't really see a drop in the number of bars but have been able to repeat the results. Keep in mind that I tested it in a stairwell in the middle of a high rise building. Most phones especially those not on Verizon get zero reception here. Also, did this in the basement of another building, too. In the stairwell, my BB Storm2 would always drop a call around the second flight of stairs. My iPhone4 with OEM back never dropped a call but sometimes the other person would have a difficult time hearing me. The metal back caused me to drop a call in the same spot as my BB Storm2. A decrease in reception but relatively minor considering most phones don't even work there. In the basement, pretty much same situation with no other carriers having reception except Verizon. Metal back causes slight decrease in data reception while no voice reception. OEM back allows for stronger data reception but not by much. Internet access was just a tad bit faster.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77